INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Revisit adding year to tmdb movie queries?  (Read 869 times)

stottle

• Junior Woodchuck
Revisit adding year to tmdb movie queries?
« on: February 01, 2014, 04:01:13 pm »

It looks like there was discussion in 2011 (when tmdb/rotten tomatoes lookup was first introduced as a feature, I think) about including the year a movie was released to help resolve lookups.

For instance, there are multiple movies named "Total Recall", so there is no fool-proof way to resolve which is correct without more information.  Year doesn't make it foolproof either, but much closer.  :)

The v3 tmdb api (which you should be on, since 2.1 is deprecated) allows for a "year" field to be passed in the lookup query (http://docs.themoviedb.apiary.io/#search).  Can we get this updated in JRiver's lookup feature?  I'm thinking that if the file/folder name ends with "(yyyy)", that would be stripped off at used as the release year.

Thoughts?

Thanks

stottle

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Revisit adding year to tmdb movie queries?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 06:09:42 pm »

Maybe it would help if I elaborate on why I'm interested.  I've got a cablecard and premium channels.  So I use 7MC to record, which stores show information in the "details" of file properties.  I've got a script that watches for new files in the recorded directory (which has to be on the local machine due to DRM).  When the recording is finished, I can read the details and copy non-premium content over to my NAS. 

Since I have access to the details, I can tell if it is a movie or tv series. 

For TV series, I get the episode name (so I can include that in the name when I copy). 

For movies, I can get the year.  I'd like to be able to use the year to help JRiver pulll the best metadata, otherwise I have data to help disambiguate that isn't used.   :(

Pages: [1]   Go Up