INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: simple zone question...sorry  (Read 1402 times)

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
simple zone question...sorry
« on: January 30, 2014, 11:27:11 am »

is there a way to make any particular zone the 'default' zone?  i have a zone called 'headphones' and it's the bulk of my music listening, with pre-set DSP and all that.  however i always have to send to the headphones zone or else it plays on 'player' which is connected to my desktop PC speakers.  i'd like things to default to the 'headphones' zone and then i can send to the others if i want

thanks, sorry for the basic question but i can't seem to figure this one out

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: simple zone question...sorry
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 11:43:09 am »

is there a way to make any particular zone the 'default' zone?  i have a zone called 'headphones' and it's the bulk of my music listening, with pre-set DSP and all that.  however i always have to send to the headphones zone or else it plays on 'player' which is connected to my desktop PC speakers.  i'd like things to default to the 'headphones' zone and then i can send to the others if i want

thanks, sorry for the basic question but i can't seem to figure this one out

Are you using Media Center in standard view or theater view? 

If you're using MC in theater view, there is an option under the theater view advanced options to "switch to zone on load" that would switch the active zone to headphones whenever theater view starts 

If you're using it in standard view, MC should start in whatever zone was active the last time you used it.  You can set headphones to be the active zone by selecting it under the tree in the upper left hand corner.  MC would then start in headphones unless you had changed the output to player.  You could also set up a startup batch file to launch MC that would automatically switch the active zone to headphones, but that's a little more advanced.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 12:24:16 pm »

i'm interested in this startup batch, just a couple hints to get me on my way towards that would be great!

i'm technically an advanced user in a lot of respects but i only get to use JRiver once in a while as i work out of town 10 months of the year, so i get really into it for a bit then forget everything i've learned LOL

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 01:00:20 pm »

i'm interested in this startup batch, just a couple hints to get me on my way towards that would be great!

i'm technically an advanced user in a lot of respects but i only get to use JRiver once in a while as i work out of town 10 months of the year, so i get really into it for a bit then forget everything i've learned LOL

Are you familiar at all with the MC command line options?  Details are here: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands

You want core command number 10011, and the argument you'd pass would depend on what order your zones are in under the playing now tree.  Then you'd just want to run your batch automatically at startup.

Then you'd be in headphones at startup everytime.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 05:05:31 pm »

awesome, thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up