INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Live TV issues...  (Read 1369 times)

CYR1L

• Recent member
Live TV issues...
« on: January 26, 2014, 10:51:26 am »

I have been using (and loving) MC19 primarily for movie playback, and have been trying to implement it as a live TV solution as well, but I've been having a few issues, which are rub to family-approval-factor.

Admittedly, I honestly feel like WMC nailed the Theater UI for an average-joe user-and-family, but JRiver nailed every-other-aspect of the home theater experience.  Cheers to that, which brings me to my hope that we can iron out some of the sticking points.

-The live-tv-button solution that involves ["/mcc 30002,3" to watch channel number 3] doesn't work with my antenna setup with channels numbered 3-1 or 3.1, and ALL channels are numbered this way, so I cannot start directly into live tv. Is there a way around this?
(I'm in the US, ATSC, using Happauge 2250)

-Live-tv playback stops when I open the guide? is this correct? I was expecting that it would just darken, and throw an overlay (probably graphics intensive); or kill the graphics completely, but keep the audio until I actually switch channels.

CYR1L

• Recent member
Re: Live TV issues...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 08:55:18 pm »

-thread bump- No solution or feedback regarding getting directly to live TV? ...or on the guide stopping playback?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 09:40:51 pm »

-The live-tv-button solution that involves ["/mcc 30002,3" to watch channel number 3] doesn't work with my antenna setup with channels numbered 3-1 or 3.1, and ALL channels are numbered this way, so I cannot start directly into live tv. Is there a way around this?
(I'm in the US, ATSC, using Happauge 2250)

Each channel has a "Channel Number" field.  You can assign a number (pure number, without hyphen or dot) to each channel.  Tools/Options/Television/Advanced/Edit Channels List

For example you can assign 31 to 3-1 (as long as it is unique).  If you also have cable for example, then 31 is more logically assigned to cable channel 31 instead of ATSC 3-1, but you can consider 3001 for 3-1, 11001 for 11-1 etc.

By the way, the latest version gives you an option to automatically fill the Channel Number field during channel scanning.

-Live-tv playback stops when I open the guide? is this correct? I was expecting that it would just darken, and throw an overlay (probably graphics intensive); or kill the graphics completely, but keep the audio until I actually switch channels.

It pauses, not stops.  
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 03:27:50 am »

in theater view settings you can select 'pause video play back when entering theaterview' if unchecked this will allow live tv to continue whilst in the guide

CYR1L

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 08:14:52 am »

Whether a pause or a stop, the break in playback is what I was attempting to communicate.

I can only hope that in the future JRiver will be able to natively support the hyphen/dot channel numbering, as well as a real "live tv" button, but these solutions are great for the time-being.

Thanks to both of you, this is helpful.
-Cyril

Each channel has a "Channel Number" field.  You can assign a number (pure number, without hyphen or dot) to each channel.  Tools/Options/Television/Advanced/Edit Channels List[...]

in theater view settings you can select 'pause video play back when entering theaterview' if unchecked this will allow live tv to continue whilst in the guide
Pages: [1]   Go Up