INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pls help -- lost at sea in setting up JRiver  (Read 1709 times)

chriznatch

• Recent member
Pls help -- lost at sea in setting up JRiver
« on: February 01, 2014, 01:05:32 pm »

I just downloaded a trial version of JRiver for my Mac PowerBook.  I'm trying to set up the program to stream music from my Mac library to my Oppo 105.  I can't seem to find any instructions about how to do this.  Most of the Wiki seems to have been written for Windows users.  Can anyone point me to a Wiki topic or some other resource that will give me just the very basic instructions about how to set this program up for my Mac?  When I say basic, I mean entry-level, step-by-step, I-don't-know-anything-about-digital-music-playback and why-isn't there-any-sound-coming-from-my speakers instructions.  I'm about one hour in to my trial period, and already I'm thinking I might need a more Mac-friendly program than JRiver.  That would be a shame, because I've heard great things about this program.  Any nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.  Thanks

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Pls help -- lost at sea in setting up JRiver
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 01:38:06 pm »

I don't have your device, so can't quite provide exact instructions.  There are other Oppo owners here that might be able to help, and there are several Oppo conversations in the Media Network forum.  It would be worth looking there.

First, you're going to need to enable Media Network:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Network

This enables the DLNA server and clients, of which your Oppo is a DLNA renderer.  Once Media Network is enabled (and if its enabled on your Oppo), you should see the device under MC's Playing Now.  And once it is there, you either select it as a playback Zone in MC, or you can select tracks and use Sent To > <oppo name> to push music to the Oppo.

And if the Oppo can browse your MC music, MC should just appear in the Oppo after Media Network is enabled, provided no firewall issues get in the way.

See if this helps get you moving forward.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

chriznatch

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 02:20:58 pm »

I don't have your device, so can't quite provide exact instructions.  There are other Oppo owners here that might be able to help, and there are several Oppo conversations in the Media Network forum.  It would be worth looking there.

First, you're going to need to enable Media Network:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Network

This enables the DLNA server and clients, of which your Oppo is a DLNA renderer.  Once Media Network is enabled (and if its enabled on your Oppo), you should see the device under MC's Playing Now.  And once it is there, you either select it as a playback Zone in MC, or you can select tracks and use Sent To > <oppo name> to push music to the Oppo.

And if the Oppo can browse your MC music, MC should just appear in the Oppo after Media Network is enabled, provided no firewall issues get in the way.

See if this helps get you moving forward.

Voila … music!  Exactly what I needed.  Many thanks

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 02:22:58 pm »

Great!

If you're trying to send non-compressed music, but are noticing it is compressed on the Oppo, check the DLNA conversion settings for the DLNA server under Media Network.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

chriznatch

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 02:55:57 pm »

Great!

If you're trying to send non-compressed music, but are noticing it is compressed on the Oppo, check the DLNA conversion settings for the DLNA server under Media Network.

Seems to be working ok … Says it's playing PCM 24-bit.

Thanks again for the tip.  You saved me a ton of frustration.
Pages: [1]   Go Up