INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is MC able to record multiple shows from the same transport stream?  (Read 3936 times)

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

One for Yaobing, probably...

As the question says, is MC able to simultaneously record multiple channels from the same transport stream? In oz (as I'm sure is the case in other parts of the world) we have multi casting, whereby Channel 7 (for example) broadcasts 3 channels (7, 7Two and 7Mate) over one stream. Can I record all three of these at once using only one of my 2 available tuners, then record three other channels (say Ch. 10, 11 and One which are all on the same stream) on the other tuner simultaneously?

If this is not currently possible, please add this to the TV feature set request list.

Cheers,

J

imugli

• MC Beta Team
Re: Is MC able to record multiple shows from the same transport stream?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 07:52:04 pm »

Bump. Anyone?

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 11:00:46 pm »

I'll answer my own question...  ;D

Tried recording 3 channels all from same stream and no go. Able to record 2 (the number of tuners I have) but not 3.

Any chance of this feature being implemented in the future?

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 08:48:02 am »

I'll answer my own question...  ;D

Tried recording 3 channels all from same stream and no go. Able to record 2 (the number of tuners I have) but not 3.

Any chance of this feature being implemented in the future?

I'd like to see this implemented too!

I often have two or three shows that overlap on the same stream and MC ends up using more tuners than really it should, which can lead to the start of a recording an another steam being lost.

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 07:18:02 am »

Just a thought. . . .

What happens if you set MC to record the TS rather than jtv format? Does this record the entire raw multicast transport stream and you can then select the video/audio stream (right click,etc.) when it is played back? Or does it only record one channel from the stream?

SBR

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 12:40:27 pm »

Just a thought. . . .

What happens if you set MC to record the TS rather than jtv format? Does this record the entire raw multicast transport stream and you can then select the video/audio stream (right click,etc.) when it is played back? Or does it only record one channel from the stream?

SBR

When I initially implemented ts recording, it recorded all streams.  Someone did not like it and insisted we remove other streams.  He has a point.  We should record only what we need to record.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 12:50:25 pm »

When I initially implemented ts recording, it recorded all streams.  Someone did not like it and insisted we remove other streams.  He has a point.  We should record only what we need to record.

yes of course, it does make sense. Some of the bouquets have over a dozen channels in the UK (radio&TV) and would be a waste of disc space. I was just looking through some old threads and thinking out aloud! 

Having a 'clever' tuner that can use one tuner to record two channels from the same bouquet/multicast would be good though! (But not essential - I would rather the coding priority be towards Satellite implementation and/or cable - but who am I to argue?!!  :P ).

SBR

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 04:05:49 pm »

Since it *is* possible, I wonder if one day, you can program MC to recognize when scheduled recordings are in/from the same stream, if you could 're-implement' this ability, saving other tuners for other streams.

Just curious.  I also would like to see dev time spent on other stuff, but since this "works" already, maybe this change is small enough to not take away from other stuff?
pretend this is something funny

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 04:57:49 pm »

Recording all streams, and recording multiple sub-channels are actually different things.  So it will take quite some effort to implement multiple subchannel recording from the same tuner scheme.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imugli

• MC Beta Team

I'm going back. Waaaaaaaaay Back. Bumping this again as it came up in the v21 thread as a feature request.
Pages: [1]   Go Up