INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Smart List Help [SOLVED]  (Read 1126 times)

demoleon

• Recent member
Need Smart List Help [SOLVED]
« on: February 01, 2014, 08:00:35 pm »

I am trying to get a list of my last 50 unlistened albums sorted by date imported (full albums with all tracks sorted correctly within the album.)  I can get a list of albums sorted by date imported without listened albums but as soon as I go in and try to limit it to 50 I get weird results like either no albums or a bunch or random albums that were imported ages ago.  This seems like it would be so easy but I can't seem to get it.  I'm not sure where to put the sorting, on the category album over on the left or in the modify results section (I've tried it there and it doesn't seem to work.)  I've been banging my head on this all day so now I thought I'd ask for some help.

Thanks
John

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Need Smart List Help
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 09:30:40 pm »

I'm confused about your goal, as "last 50 unlistened" doesn't make sense to me.  Does this mean of all the non-listened albums, you want them sorted by date imported, and you want the tail 50 of those?  Maybe you can help me understand a bit better.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

demoleon

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 09:26:29 am »

Sorry for the confusion.  What I want is albums (complete with all tracks) sorted by date imported, without those I have already listened to, limited to 50 albums.  I can get a lit of all albums sorted correctly and without those I have listened to but as soon as I try to select complete albums and limit to 50 I get weird results.  Also, I am unsure how to select the albums that I haven't listened to.  I select [Last Played]=never played but then JRiver changes it to [Last Played]=never playe and then adds a another line called Custom with just the d in it.

John

gappie

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 09:53:25 am »

I would not use last played.. you could use number plays instead..
when you copy this rule into the smartlist would that do it for you?

Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio] [Number Plays]=0 ~sort=[Date Imported]-d ~limit=50,1,[album],[album artist (auto)] ~a
 :)
gab

demoleon

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 10:40:49 am »

That did it!  Thanks a million.  I don't know what I was doing wrong.  It must have been using the [Last Played] and maybe I had the order wrong.

John

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 12:00:41 pm »

Great, gappie got you going.  For future reference, in case you don't know about it, see also:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Smartlist_and_Search_-_Rules_and_Modifiers
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up