INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank you!  (Read 1389 times)

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Thank you!
« on: February 14, 2014, 04:41:27 pm »

3. Fixed: In television Guide in Theater view, moving down the guide grid from the last row would wrap over to the second row instead of the first row.

6. Changed: When scheduling television recordings, the conflict warning message will include name, channel, and start time of the conflicting programs.

5. Changed: Media subtype of television recordings will be set to "Movie" or "TV Show" according to the info available in guide data.

7. Changed: Pressing the "i" button on an MC remote control while a television channel is showing will cause the OSD to cycle through three modes: position bar, current/next program title, and program description (provided that the OSD menu is not showing at the time).

I haven't been keeping up with the changelog of late, but just wanted to say these changes are great. Thanks!

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
Re: Thank you!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 07:18:35 pm »

I'm no longer using 'Television' since we recently Cut The Cable, but am still pleased to see these great improvements.

Cheers,
Rod

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 07:48:25 pm »

I'm no longer using 'Television' since we recently Cut The Cable, but am still pleased to see these great improvements.
Odd, because I have only used Television software since we Cut The Cable.  Previously I just let Dish do everything.

Now I need Home Theater PC software like JRiver to do the Over The Air Antenna recording for my local channels.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 08:20:27 pm »

Odd, because I have only used Television software since we Cut The Cable.  Previously I just let Dish do everything.

Now I need Home Theater PC software like JRiver to do the Over The Air Antenna recording for my local channels.

We don't use a receiver so send audio straight from our soundcard to the power amps. For that reason all audio needs to go through MC so it will get DSP treatment. We loved the HTPC PVR approach because we could watch things when we wanted to, not when the cable company wanted us to. Also we were able to build up a nice collection of movies.

Unfortunately (For TV only) we live in a somewhat isolated area where no over the air is available. We are about 100 miles north of Vancouver so I think it would take a monstrous antenna on a very tall tower to hope to get anything.

Nonetheless as a long time user of SageTV and JRiver for TV the last couple of years I'm really happy to see that MC's TV is getting some great improvements.

Cheers,
Rod

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 10:36:51 pm »

I've been a simple OTA TV user of MC since MC17. Very glad to leave WMC behind and don't understand the problems others have with TV - probably because I don't have to deal with cable or pay TV.

Improvements like this just make a great product, with so much built flexibility, even better.

I second that vote of thanks.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT
Pages: [1]   Go Up