INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 19 stops at end of each track  (Read 1585 times)

85Duppie

• Junior Woodchuck
MC 19 stops at end of each track
« on: February 04, 2014, 02:58:21 pm »

Just encountered this problem today.  I cleared the library, and then imported 2 albums for playback.  Even though all the tracks load when I click Add to Playing Now, after the first track finishes, it stops.  I start the next track, it plays through, then stops.  Any track starts manually, but it will not play through the list on its own.  Prior to today, it did.  Any help would be appreciated.
JRiver Id w MC 20.0.118, Samsung Galaxy Android Tablet running Bubble UPnP, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w BridgeII

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 19 stops at end of each track
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 03:01:58 pm »

at the right upper corner there are three buttons, just left under the search bar.. the most left of those three.. its for setting repeat.. one of the options is ' stop after each item' , when that is enabled, turn it of... is that it?

:)
gab

85Duppie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 03:03:59 pm »

Thanks for your response.   I'll fire up the laptop again and check that.
JRiver Id w MC 20.0.118, Samsung Galaxy Android Tablet running Bubble UPnP, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w BridgeII

85Duppie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 03:33:45 pm »

Those options look the same as a drop down menu from Player on the main bar.  It had Repeat Playing Now checked.  After a track finished and stopped, I checked Stop After Each Item, and then the next track immediately played, finished, and stopped.  I then checked Repeat Playing Now, manually restarted play, and now it resumed playing tracks on its own.

gappie

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 04:00:35 pm »

Those options look the same as a drop down menu from Player on the main bar.  It had Repeat Playing Now checked.  After a track finished and stopped, I checked Stop After Each Item, and then the next track immediately played, finished, and stopped.  I then checked Repeat Playing Now, manually restarted play, and now it resumed playing tracks on its own.
ah.. didnt know they were there too. :)

but you mean it works now as expected? well, thats cool.. it schould.. who knows what was out of place somewhere between the ini, the options and the reg files.. see what happens after reboot and a night rest. :)

gab

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 04:33:14 pm »

gappie

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 04:40:35 pm »

Could it be this (antivirus) problem?

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=86960.msg597278#msg597278

:) i think he had his avast removed when posting this problem? but maybe it was some bizare left over from his avast days..

gab

85Duppie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 09:33:04 pm »

I'm a little late back to this posting.  Yes, I do have Avast removed, so I'm not sure what would be left over.  What seems to cause the problem is my rebuilding the library.  Just tonight I cleared my library, and re-imported 4 albums from the local C drive on the laptop.  When I attempted to play it, the same thing happened again, plays the track complete and stops.  I shut down the program and restarted the computer.  After restarting the computer and then resuming playing and now it works.

I like the audio performance of Media Center.  It's the only program I use that plays 192/24 files without any skips or dropouts.  That's especially true for those I download from HDtracks.  Would that have anything to do with JRiver writing the download program for HDtracks?  What I want to do is put the Linux version on an Intel NUC computer running Ubuntu and take Windows (or as one posted Windows) out of the picture.  Is the Linux version now stable enough for play?
Pages: [1]   Go Up