INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copy no longer splitting cue / flac files  (Read 1487 times)

sskings

Copy no longer splitting cue / flac files
« on: January 26, 2014, 12:29:09 pm »

It seems that in recent weeks (since about New Years) the Copy command in Rename, Move, Copy... is no longer splitting cue / flac combinations when it generates the individual tracks.  Instead it is copying the whole large flac file multiple times. I'm back to using Medieval CUE splitter....   

Are others observing this?  Am I missing something?
Thanks.  Steve

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Copy no longer splitting cue / flac files
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 03:39:51 am »

Are you across the Wiki info?

Going to the top of this discussion board:
MC Wiki - FAQ (Read First)
... that directs here:
MC Wiki FAQs
Check out:
Cue Files

I've used Medieval Cue Splitter but prefer staying with the MC platform. MC gives me confidence that it's doing the right thing by way of audio integrity. What works for me with MC is this:

1. Navigate using Explorer in MC to the folder containing the .cue and the audio file.
2. Select the .cue and initiate "Play".
3. Go to Playing Now where the audio files are now all split.
4. Select all the individual audio tracks and using the Context Menu > Library Tools > Convert Format
5. Configure to suit the file type, convert-to-location, DSP and whatever else.
6. Hit the "go" button and after a short wait, you've got split files from the original single audio file and cue sheet.
7. Tidy up tagging to suit your preferences.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

sskings

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 08:34:25 pm »

Thanks to astromo for laying out this alternate method which I've now tried on about 20 albums.  Unfortunately I find this method to be unreliable.  Surprisingly, on about every 4th album, the split is not completed (i.e. 4 out of 11 tracks are generated).

Any thoughts on this from anyone?
Thanks.  Steve

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 11:03:34 pm »

Thanks to astromo for laying out this alternate method which I've now tried on about 20 albums.  Unfortunately I find this method to be unreliable.  Surprisingly, on about every 4th album, the split is not completed (i.e. 4 out of 11 tracks are generated).

Any thoughts on this from anyone?
Thanks.  Steve

I can't recall ever having a problem with MC18 or MC19, when I've had the need to do a .cue split. Are you sure the .cue files that you're working with have got it all together? They can be edited. You just have to know what the time cues are. Painful I know, but if the time splits are the issue, you could use Media Editor or Audacity to work out what those values are and modify the cue file to suit.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

sskings

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 08:44:36 pm »

Thanks for your reply.

I've reproduced the behavior tonight.  Converting the same 16 track album 5 times.  The process went smoothly once, twice 2 files were successful, once 4 and once 6.  The rest of the files were listed as failed in the details view.  This seems like a potential bug to me.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up