INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tag properties from filename problem  (Read 653 times)

dayraider123

tag properties from filename problem
« on: February 23, 2002, 11:08:41 am »

a file called    any artist - any track.mp3  cannot be automatically used to update tag info, for some reason with an ARTIST - TRACK expression it comes in as artist any abd track title artist - any track ...it cant handle artist or track of more than one word. I've seen this function in lots of programs work fine. It does make tagging files in MJ difficult.  Sorry if this has been brought up before.

Trelane

RE:tag properties from filename problem
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2002, 11:19:05 pm »

Try using ARTIST - TITLE...

dayraider123

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2002, 01:09:47 am »

sorry I meant ARTIST - TITLE   the problem is still there with any file with spaces like ARTIST with more than 1 word, etc.

Trelane

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2002, 06:40:11 am »

I've noticed that the directory rules seem to take the expression spaced (as follows: "ARTIST - ALBUM"), but I've but noticed that it likes the filename expression with no spaces... try using this expression and see if it helps anything: "ARTIST-TITLE".

dayraider123

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2002, 11:36:26 pm »

Sorted! Thanks a million Trelane Next Page Once you mentioned the spacing I noticed the premade combinations had no spaces either. I'm used to programs that work on specific formats including spaces etc. This works like a dream now Next Page
Pages: [1]   Go Up