INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to play to a DLNA - Hard Drive/Media Player in a different Room  (Read 890 times)

mgreg123

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi,

The setup is a LaCie HD Classic Media Player that is DLNA/UDP compliant is attached to the network through a wireless bridge. The LaCie Media Player is then outputting as a source, to a 2 channel amplifier connected to 2 speakers located in a different room/zone.

I need help in configuring a simplistic choice of selection through the JRiver Media Server Library to play to that room/zone. I’m also hoping that would available through Web Gizmo’s browser also.

I would much appreciate any help and guidance that could be offered. I’m pretty familiar with the software if any knows a step by step process; I could take it from there.  And that would absolutely make my day.

Thanks All,

Michael G

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to play to a DLNA - Hard Drive/Media Player in a different Room
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 04:09:39 am »

See http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DLNA

Basically, enable media network, and select the media player as a zone when it appers in the Playing Now list. If it doesn't appear as a zone then either something on the network is blocking it (firewalls maybe) or it isn't a DLNA-compliant renderer.

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to play to a DLNA - Hard Drive/Media Player in a different Room
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 03:30:01 pm »

Likewise in WebGizmo, the initial screen should show you Play to: Select a destination.

You will see This Location (to play in your browser) along with all of the Zones you configured in MC, including the Lacie.  Click on it, and you will see all the your Gizmo/WebGizmo Views. Navigate through and initiate playback on whatever you want to play.  It will now be sent to the Lacie.

If you were not aware, those Views are separate from Standard and Theater View, and they can be customized by going to Tools -> Options -> Media Network -> Advanced -> Customize views for Gizmo & WebGizmo. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up