INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ 8 beta - Moving files on CD within database  (Read 652 times)

dayraider123

MJ 8 beta - Moving files on CD within database
« on: February 23, 2002, 09:00:50 am »

Hi,

Great program! Beats the pants of anything else I've tried. Even with 20k files its fast Next Page I love the AMG info running off the artist tag.

The only thing that I've spotted so far is with mp3 cds....I've imported a few...I can see the need for a unique cd attribute, but its not user friendly, its hard to see from the file listing which cd its refering to when u have to look up the hex code..can it not work on the cd label?  I modified the file song fields and wanted to copy a couple of albums back to hard drive, but I got a "Cannot copy file:cannot copy from source file or disk" error, even though the correct cd was in the drive...is this just a non implmented beta item? It would be a pain to have to reimport and modify rather than move references around within the databse.

Is there any way for the current cd in the drive to be highlighted in the cd/dvd section?

In the currently playing list could we have delete as well as remove, otherwise its quite a few steps to locate the file and then delete it if its a duffer Next Page

Keep up the good work, great job.
Apart from that I love ver8

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:MJ 8 beta - Moving files on CD within database
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2002, 09:08:36 am »

>>In the currently playing list could we have delete as well as remove, otherwise its quite a few steps to locate the file and then delete it
I Agree
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

dayraider123

RE:MJ 8 beta - Moving files on CD within database
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2002, 09:58:08 am »

Another problem with CDs is if your playlist contains any tracks that are on removable media not present it stops playing and pops up a can't find message...before when all cd tracks had the drive letter of the cd drive, it would just pass over the track which is alot friendlier. What was teh problem with leaving the cd drive letter with all media on cd, I had a field which had the cd identifier so I knew which cd it was.

Sorry to sound like I'm moaning, I'm not at all, its a great program, just trying to help it develop in the best way Next Page
Pages: [1]   Go Up