INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: skinning ; track display bigger..??  (Read 2789 times)

damhooligan

• Recent member
skinning ; track display bigger..??
« on: February 01, 2014, 10:23:35 am »

Hi.

I'm happy with jriver.
but as I play a lot of music, and find the track display important.
As I spend a lot of time navigating trough my 180Gb library.
But the track display is at the small side.

I have looked at all the setting I can think of , but nothing let's me change this.
The only thing that lets me, is changing the size in noire, but this makes everything bigger.
And it limits me to just this skin, as any other skin is not subjectable to size change.

Is it possible to make/create a skin with a bigger track display?
And if so, how do I do this?

Ideally , I like to modify the skin 'light blue' ,by making the tracklist bigger.
But also add the missing 'shuffle and dsp' buttons.

Any help is appreciated.

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: skinning ; track display bigger..??
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 12:27:54 pm »

Tools -> Options -> Tree & View -> Advanced -> Select font

In the pop up you can change the size as well as the font itself. 

damhooligan

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 10:00:45 pm »

Tools -> Options -> Tree & View -> Advanced -> Select font

In the pop up you can change the size as well as the font itself. 

Hi connersw.

Thanks for your reply.

I already tried that.
2 things,  one; it makes all lettering bigger.
I only wish to change the track list info.

And 2. It only works with skin noire.
Ironically if i change skins,  everything is bigger except....
You guessed it..  The tracklist info....

So this is not the solution in afraid.

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 10:28:21 am »

Look on the main.xml file of the respective skin and change the bold part (C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 19\Skins\Standard View\Noire\Main.xml) << this is the path.
Code: [Select]
<PLAYERBAR>
<Entry Name="Display" Bitmap="Playerbar_Display.png" NumberImages="1" Margins="10,10,10,10" DrawMode="REGION_E_HSTRETCH,REGION_E_VSTRETCH" >
<DisplayFont TitleSize="100" TitleWeight="120" Status Size="100" StatusWeight="120" />
<Colors TitleText="ffffff" StatusText="ffffff" />
    </Entry>
You need to change this part:
<DisplayFont TitleSize="100" TitleWeight="120" Status Size="100" StatusWeight="120" />
You can add what number you think is ok.

connersw

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 05:25:07 pm »

2 things,  one; it makes all lettering bigger.
I only wish to change the track list info.

And 2. It only works with skin noire.
Ironically if i change skins,  everything is bigger except....
You guessed it..  The tracklist info....

So this is not the solution in afraid.

Yes, it makes all font bigger, not just the tracks.  However, it should work regardless of skin. 

Using View -> Size is what is only available with the Noire skin.  That scales the entire skin, not just the font. 

damhooligan

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 08:01:47 pm »

Yes, it makes all font bigger, not just the tracks.  However, it should work regardless of skin. 

Using View -> Size is what is only available with the Noire skin.  That scales the entire skin, not just the font. 

Yes,  ik can change the font in any skin,  however the tracklist font does not change.

Feel free to try it,  many it works on yours.
But it does not work for me.

damhooligan

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 08:06:59 pm »

Look on the main.xml file of the respective skin and change the bold part (C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 19\Skins\Standard View\Noire\Main.xml) << this is the path.
<PLAYERBAR>
<Entry Name="Display" Bitmap="Playerbar_Display.png" NumberImages="1" Margins="10,10,10,10" DrawMode="REGION_E_HSTRETCH,REGION_E_VSTRETCH" >
<Colors TitleText="ffffff" StatusText="ffffff" />
    </Entry>
You need to change this part:
You can add what number you think is ok.

Hi sergio.

I had a look in main,  but didn't know which one to change.
Thanks heaps for this.
I wil give this a go.

Also,  i did change some other skins,  just to try/experiment .
I removed the whole folder from c: program,  changed bits in the main.. And the put the folder back.
And now jriver doesn't see/read the folder under the menu anymore.
Not even if i change the name..
I have no idea as to why....

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 07:00:06 am »

What exactly you change in that, the file or the image on the skin, plz be more explicit to know what you did.
If you modify something in the main.xml be sure you saved back in the same format. Or if you change some again in main.xml be sure you did it properly because one line can screw the skin in how to be able seeing or not.

connersw

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 09:44:47 am »

Yes, it works.  Please post a screen shot highlighting what you would like changed.  Perhaps we are talking about two-different things.

Before you begin editing the skins, you should 1) have an idea about what you are doing, and 2) make copies of the original so you can revert back if something goes wrong.  I recommend doing an uninstall/reinstall to get back to the original settings since you don't know what you changed and how to get it back.

Ninouchka

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 09:41:14 pm »

I only see this

-<PLAYERBAR>

<Data AllowEnlargeForFont="1"/>

-<Entry Name="Display" Margins="5,5,5,5" Bitmap="PlayerBar_Display.png" Scale="2">

<Data Style="1"/>

<Colors StatusText="0E1A34" TitleText="132243"/>

</Entry>

damhooligan

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 01:37:22 am »

Yes, it works.  Please post a screen shot highlighting what you would like changed.  Perhaps we are talking about two-different things.

Before you begin editing the skins, you should 1) have an idea about what you are doing, and 2) make copies of the original so you can revert back if something goes wrong.  I recommend doing an uninstall/reinstall to get back to the original settings since you don't know what you changed and how to get it back.

Sorry for the slow reply, but I have been busy and it took me a while to figure out how to make a screen shot.
I changed the font in a skin , and changed it to the max...
I highlighted what it doesn't changes, and what I am trying to change.

Hope that helps.

damhooligan

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2014, 01:50:44 am »

What exactly you change in that, the file or the image on the skin, plz be more explicit to know what you did.
If you modify something in the main.xml be sure you saved back in the same format. Or if you change some again in main.xml be sure you did it properly because one line can screw the skin in how to be able seeing or not.

The only thing I changed was what I assumed controlled the font size of the display.
I went into the main

I did not changed anything else.
The main.xml, is stil called main.xml.

My approach was this, I copied the original folder with all files and with everything in it onto desktop.
I then went into the main and tried to change the font .

I then removed the original folder from jriver.
And replaced it with the new one into jriver.

JRiver does not see/read the new folder.

I'm not sure as to why not.
Now I am unable to see if my changes where effective or not.

damhooligan

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2014, 01:51:47 am »

I only see this

-<PLAYERBAR>

<Data AllowEnlargeForFont="1"/>

-<Entry Name="Display" Margins="5,5,5,5" Bitmap="PlayerBar_Display.png" Scale="2">

<Data Style="1"/>

<Colors StatusText="0E1A34" TitleText="132243"/>

</Entry>

I see the same, as this is for the noir.

From the above I have no idea, which one controls the font.

connersw

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2014, 09:31:12 am »

Sorry, we were talking about two different things.  I was referring to the track listing (see red outline in the image below), and you were referring to the top display.  My mistake.

To edit the display, you can customize it to a limited extent using the expression language.  You do not need to mess with the skin.  Right Click on the display -> Customize Display.  You can then use limited HTML tags to increase the size, change the color, make it bold, etc.  See the wiki for what HTML tags can be used:  http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Expression_Language#HTML_Font_Properties

A couple caveats:
1) You must double escape the forward slash.  For example:
<b>[Name]<//b>2) You can only enlarge the font to a certain extent before it becomes too sloppy to fit in the display.

I left open the Customize Display window in my screen capture to show you an example of increasing the size and changing the color.

Hope that helps--sorry for the confusion.  

damhooligan

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 06:31:42 pm »

Sorry, we were talking about two different things.  I was referring to the track listing (see red outline in the image below), and you were referring to the top display.  My mistake.

To edit the display, you can customize it to a limited extent using the expression language.  You do not need to mess with the skin.  Right Click on the display -> Customize Display.  You can then use limited HTML tags to increase the size, change the color, make it bold, etc.  See the wiki for what HTML tags can be used:  http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Expression_Language#HTML_Font_Properties

A couple caveats:
1) You must double escape the forward slash.  For example:
<b>[Name]<//b>2) You can only enlarge the font to a certain extent before it becomes too sloppy to fit in the display.

I left open the Customize Display window in my screen capture to show you an example of increasing the size and changing the color.

Hope that helps--sorry for the confusion.  

Don't be sorry,  it my fault..
I'm foreign and English is my second language..  

I'm just glad we are talking about the same thing.
I never thought about using html tags in the display.
And that actually makes sense.

Thank you very much for your help.
I appreciate it.

I'm am not that familiair with html tags.
So to increase size it would be :
 <b. > <fontsize. =??> 'tracklist info' </font. > <//b. >
(the dot behind the b and font is only here,  so i can post the code on forum.... )

While editing my post,  i saw you post is using [code.]  [/code.] (again without dots.)
Is this also needed..?
Or was this only needed for the forum?

Many thanks for your help

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2014, 07:23:26 pm »

Don't be sorry,  it my fault..
I'm foreign and English is my second language..  

I'm just glad we are talking about the same thing.
I never thought about using html tags in the display.
And that actually makes sense.

Thank you very much for your help.
I appreciate it.

I'm am not that familiair with html tags.
So to increase size it would be :
 <b. > <fontsize. =??> 'tracklist info' </font. > <//b. >
(the dot behind the b and font is only here,  so i can post the code on forum.... )

While editing my post,  i saw you post is using [code.]  [/code.] (again without dots.)
Is this also needed..?
Or was this only needed for the forum?

Many thanks for your help
Here a small help for your tracklist:
Bold<//b>
Italics<//i>
Underscore<//u>
<font color="ff0000">Color<//font>
<fontbgcolor="cccccc">BackgroundColor<//font>
<font alpha="50">AlphaBlending<//font>
<font size="90%"><//font>
<font size="80%"><//font>
<font size="70%"><//font>
<font size="60%"><//font>
<font size="50%"><//font>
<font size="40%"><//font>
<font size="30%"><//font>
<font size="20%"><//font>
<font size="10%"><//font>
This are some html implemented on the soft so play with them and find a good solution for your needs

damhooligan

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2014, 03:43:26 am »

Here a small help for your tracklist:
Bold<//b>
Italics<//i>
Underscore<//u>
<font color="ff0000">Color<//font>
<fontbgcolor="cccccc">BackgroundColor<//font>
<font alpha="50">AlphaBlending<//font>
<font size="90%"><//font>

<font size="10%"><//font>
This are some html implemented on the soft so play with them and find a good solution for your needs.
>

Thanks heaps.

I have played with it a bit, and the good thing is, it works.
I can change it into a font size im happy with. (which turns out to be 180 )

The bad thing however, it has this side effect...
With in the skin-case of light blue, it is exceeding the borders of the playerbar display.
Wich is visible in the picture below.

It also does the same on a lot of other skins.

So the question now becomes, is it possible to make the player bar display bigger in size.. ?

connersw

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2014, 07:05:26 am »

As I wrote in caveat 2 of my post, you may be limited in size for it to fit the display.  However, if you are up for trying to edit the skin again, you can change it.

1. Close MC.
2. Go to this file location:  C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 19\Skins\Standard View\ (just use Program Files if you are on Windows 32-bit).
3. Copy the entire Windows Media Player 10 folder and save it to a temp location in case there are issues.
4. In  C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 19\Skins\Standard View\Windows Media Player 10, Right Click on main.xml -> Edit.  
5. Replace the entire <PLAYERBAR> to </PLAYERBAR> section with the code below (the Code brackets are not used; it is just used to post code in the forums).

<PLAYERBAR>
<Data AllowEnlargeForFont="1" />
     <Entry Name="Display" Bitmap="PlayerBar_Display.png" Scale="2" Margins="5,5,5,5" >
          <Data Style="1" />
            <Colors TitleText="0E4279" StatusText="0E4279" />
        </Entry>
        <Entry Name="PositionSlider" Bitmap="PlayerBar_PositionSlider.png" Margins="20,30,30,0" DrawMode="REGION_E_HTILE" />
        <Entry Name="PositionSliderFront" Bitmap="PlayerBar_PositionSliderFront.png" Margins="3,19,0,2" DrawMode="REGION_E_HSTRETCH" />
        <Entry Name="PositionSliderThumb" Bitmap="Playerbar_PositionSliderThumb.png" NumberImages="4" />
        <Entry Name="VolumeSlider" Bitmap="PlayerBar_VolumeSlider.png" />
        <Entry Name="VolumeSliderFront" Bitmap="PlayerBar_VolumeSliderFront.png" Margins="0,9,0,0" DrawMode="REGION_E_HTILE" />
        <Entry Name="VolumeSliderThumb" Bitmap="PlayerBar_VolumeSliderThumb.png" NumberImages="4" />
        <Entry Name="PlayButton" Bitmap="PlayerBar_PlayButton.png" NumberImages="3" />
        <Entry Name="StopButton" Bitmap="PlayerBar_StopButton.png" NumberImages="3" />
        <Entry Name="PauseButton" Bitmap="PlayerBar_PauseButton.png" NumberImages="3" />
        <Entry Name="NextButton" Bitmap="PlayerBar_NextButton.png" NumberImages="3" />
        <Entry Name="PreviousButton" Bitmap="PlayerBar_PrevButton.png" NumberImages="3" />
        <Entry Name="Search" Bitmap="Playerbar_Search.png" NumberImages="1" Margins="20,0,20,0" OffsetY="52" />
        <Entry Name="MediaMode" Bitmap="" />
        <Entry Name="ShuffleButton" Bitmap="PlayerBar_ShButton.png" NumberImages="3" />
        <Entry Name="ShuffleOffButton" Bitmap="PlayerBar_ShOffButton.png" NumberImages="3" />
        <Entry Name="ContinuousButton" Bitmap="PlayerBar_ContButton.png" NumberImages="3" />
        <Entry Name="ContinuousOffButton" Bitmap="PlayerBar_ContOffButton.png" NumberImages="3" />
        <Entry Name="DSPButton" Bitmap="PlayerBar_DSPButton.png" NumberImages="3" />
        <Entry Name="MuteButton" Bitmap="PlayerBar_MuteButton.png" NumberImages="3" />
        <Entry Name="MuteOffButton" Bitmap="PlayerBar_MuteOffButton.png" NumberImages="3" />
    </PLAYERBAR>

6. Save the new main.xml file.  If permissions do not allow you to do so, save it to a temp location, and then move & replace it into the original folder.  

When you reopen MC, you may need to change to a default skin (Noire) first, then back to Light Blue to see the PlayerBar_Display change shape.

If everything looks good, save a copy of your new Windows Media Player 10 folder to an external location.  If you ever have to do an uninstall/reinstall, or upgrade to MC20 in the future, you can then just copy this folder into your \Skins\Standard View directory.
Pages: [1]   Go Up