INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crashing at video play completion.  (Read 1675 times)

stewart_pk

• Citizen of the Universe
Crashing at video play completion.
« on: February 05, 2014, 05:38:07 pm »

Hi, I've noticed this in the last few builds that when video stops playing (not instantiated by me) JRiver crashes.
It may be with other video types, but recently it happened after playing a full disk bluray RIP.

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: Crashing at video play completion.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 01:08:03 am »

Please update to 19.0.114 if you're not running it already, and then enable logging and after the crash mail a log to logs at jriver.com

You can enable the logging in Help -> Logging, after the crash has happened simply go back to that menu and use the "Report Problem" button, it'll create a zip file on your desktop with all the information, which you can send in.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Beat Studio

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 09:08:39 pm »

Same problem as above using 19.0.114.

OverTheAir

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 09:26:29 pm »

Ditto on crash

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 01:53:24 am »

If you're using Red October HQ with an AMD card, please try disabling Hardware accelerated decoding. We changed the Hardware acceleration mode recently, which seems to cause these issues. If you disable it, you'll go back to the previous behavior.
We may revert to the old behavior in an upcoming build until the stability issues can be resolved.

Also try Red October Standard.
If the same issue appears to happen with Red October Standard, then please create a crash log with RO Standard, because those can be much more helpful for us than a ROHQ log.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

stewart_pk

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 06:43:12 pm »

Yes Hendrik, what you suggested has prevented crashing. I'm now running with ROHQ and with Hardware Acceleration switched off.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 07:04:34 am »

Good to hear.

I decided to rollback the change from 19.0.108 which changed the behaviour of Hardware Acceleration with ROHQ on AMD cards, until a solution can be found.
I was in contact with madshi as well (the author of madVR used in ROHQ), to see if we can find the reason for the crash. But until then, stability > *
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 08:00:55 am »

Good to hear.

I decided to rollback the change from 19.0.108 which changed the behaviour of Hardware Acceleration with ROHQ on AMD cards, until a solution can be found.
I was in contact with madshi as well (the author of madVR used in ROHQ), to see if we can find the reason for the crash. But until then, stability > *

Probably a good choice.  It has been troublesome in some cases.

Odd that I haven't seen any issues at all with my AMD cards, but I'm also not using very low-end or mobile-style hardware (and my CPU can handle ROHQ all by itself).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up