INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please Help with some minor issues  (Read 840 times)

osuchamp02

• Recent member
Please Help with some minor issues
« on: February 18, 2014, 02:22:05 pm »

1) Within the standard view i have my TV Shows set up to view as listed below. 
TV Shows
Custom Category Watched, Not Watched using expression (If(IsEqual([Last Played], never played), Not watched, Watched)
Series (sorted by latest date imported)
Season

I have been clicking for hours and cant figure out how to duplicate the view settings in Theater view.  Any suggestions? It does not have to be exact.  What I'm looking to do is only show unwatched shows and sort them to list them as the newest imported shows first.  I tried to set it up as the fallowing.

TV shows
Series ( Number of plays is 0 rule with a sort by date imported A-Z modifier ) 
Season

With those settings it does only show me shows I have not watched and removes the hassle of trying to figure out if there is any newly added unwatched shows in the series.  But it does not follow the date imported modifier its all sorted Alphabetically A-Z

2) Is there a way that i have yet to find to able to set how often the library updates.  I find myself closing MC and immediately reopening it to force updates.  Selecting for specific category would be nice as music does not need to update as often as movies and tv shows.

3) After jrivers over the air TV recordings are added into my TV Shows library there is no season and episode number tags on the recorded shows.  I have used over the air to get all my guide info.  Any way to get this info from the epg or have jriver look it up when adding the new file into my library.  It has the shows name and episodes name so it just needs to fill in the blanks with the numbers so i can know the order of the shows if i don't watch them every week.   

I have tried plex, xbmc, media browser classic, and media browser theater.  None of them sound as good and clean as JRiver.  This program was a life saver as before i found this program i thought i just had to deal with other sub-par players performance.  Thanks guys. 

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Please Help with some minor issues
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 02:59:55 pm »

1) Click on Series -> Edit.  In the Category pop-up window -> Settings -> Sorting -> Date Imported (I'm guessing it is set to Ascending)

2) Tools -> Options -> Library & Folders -> Run auto-import in background

If you want to leave it off (it actually runs better/faster turned on) or run an immediate import: Tools -> Options -> Tree & View -> Advanced -> Customize toolbars.  You can add a  Run Auto-Import Now button to the toolbar.  You can just click that instead of opening/closing.  If you don't want to clutter up the tool bar, you can also run this from under Playing Now -> Playing from -> "Current" Library -> Tools -> Import.

Third alternative:  Add a task to Scheduler using Command Line mc19.exe /MCC 23020,1

3) I'll let someone that records TV answer, but I'm guessing it is related to scraping from the file name/path. 

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Please Help with some minor issues
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 03:14:05 pm »

3) Most guide data that can be used within MC for TV recording does not include season or episode numbers.  Unfortunately, you would have to look up the numbers manually but if you sort by date then you should have the correct order anyways.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP
Pages: [1]   Go Up