INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can Two Instances Of MJ Exist On One Computer  (Read 607 times)

RazorFace

• Recent member
Can Two Instances Of MJ Exist On One Computer
« on: February 22, 2002, 11:10:32 am »

Is it possible to install the new 8.x beta on the same computer where MJ 7.2 resides?  I tried just having the 8.x beta on my computer but it did a real wack job on my mp3 tags.  (90% got re-written with Aretha Franklin as the artist.)  Took me a good week to correct those 300  files!

I have the room to keep them on seperate drives, but I'm thinking this may interfere, still, to some of the registry entries.
---<br>RazorFace<br>----<br>Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0<br><br>CPU: Intel Pentium III 803 MHz MMX<br>Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 324 MB<br>OS: Microsoft

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Can Two Instances Of MJ Exist On One Computer
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2002, 11:58:13 am »

Aretha Franklin? Strange. I had some files once that all got dated 12/31/1969. That was in a beta of Version 7.
Your question has been asked before and I'm pretty sure the answer was "no". Registry entries and configuration would conflict with 2 different versions at the same time.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

hvy duty

RE:Can Two Instances Of MJ Exist On One Computer
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2002, 01:45:51 pm »

I have MJ 7.2 on a another HD but it only seems to work if you boot from that HD. I have 2 OS's XP and win me on different HD's If I am in XP and go to the D: drive to try to get 7.2 it brings up the 8 beta. Outlook Express does the same thing it uses the program that is on the drive you boot from. I guess MJ does the same thing uses the program on the drive you boot from.
Pages: [1]   Go Up