INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dts hd and jriver  (Read 4177 times)

cuciu76

• Recent member
Dts hd and jriver
« on: February 19, 2014, 06:17:23 pm »

Hi,
I'm new with jriver so sorry for my questions. Today i downloaded the trial version of this program and I'm curious to know how can i have dts hd audio with jriver. I found the wiki and i followed it, moving a file of arcsoft tmt in a windows folder...but i still have dolby digital audio (while for example with xbmc i have it).

Could you help me? I'd like to use jriver for all..audio and video...

Another question concern flac hd audio listening. I have an arcam rdac. Which are the audio setting should i choose on jriver to have the best sound?

Tks

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Dts hd and jriver
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 08:16:29 pm »

Hi and Welcome.  Yup you should be all set to go.  If you are playing the DD track you may need to just select the DTS-MA stream, just right click on the video while playing (or press the up arrow if you are using a RC) --> Streams -->

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

cuciu76

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 12:55:06 am »

Thanks for answering. I do it but i have always "dolby digital" on my amplifier.

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 01:23:45 am »

Have you enabled Dolby Digital Output Encoding in DSP Studio by mistake?

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 04:20:56 am »

(to the ones in the know)
Isn't it still necessary to use the dll-file from Arcsoft's Total Media Theatre in order to attain true DTS-HD playback, or is this only with down-converted 2-channel playback?

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 05:32:42 am »

No, if you use 'passthrough' (to AVR), it plays without dll.

If you want that mc decodes (DSP settings etc,....) audio, you need it.
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 05:41:24 am »

No, if you use 'passthrough' (to AVR), it plays without dll.

If you want that mc decodes (DSP settings etc,....) audio, you need it.

Interesting. So, in the case of down-conversion to 2-channel DTS-HD playback, will the only option be to use the dll file?

apgood

• World Citizen
Re:
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 06:04:53 am »

You only need the arcsoft DLL to decode DTS HD MA to PCM (multichannel or stereo) if you don't have the DLL then it will only decode the DTS core. For bitstreaming you don't need the DLL as you avr does the decoding of the DTS HD MA.

IcetomLT

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 07:29:16 am »

Could you help me? I'd like to use jriver for all..audio and video...
What are AV reciever and graphic cards models you have? Generally:
1. Go to Windows Audio Playback devices and make sure that your video card's HDMI audio output is selected as default
1.1. For just in case go to [Configure] and select 5.1 or 7.1 (depends what system you have) and then next and finish.
1.2. Then go to [Properties] of HDMI audio and make sure:
- Check that in [Supported Formats] tab is listed all multichannel codecs;
- In [Level] tab Sound level is at 100 %;
- In [Enhancements] tab all enhancements are turned off;
- In [Advanced] tab select [Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device]
2. Launch JRiver 19:
- go [Player] -> [Volume]-> [Disable Volume]
- go [Tools] -> [Options]->[Audio] and select "your graphic card HDMI" [WASAPI] in "Audio Device"
- in the same [Audio] go bellow to "Settings" and in "DSP& output format..." unmark all selections in the left column if any are marked
- in the same [Audio] go bellow to "Settings" and select "Beatsreaming: Yes (HDMI)"

After these steps your computer should be capable to bitstream correctly all multichannel codecs including losless ones (if your video graphic cards supports them). No need to add any kind dll files and etc.

Another question concern flac hd audio listening. I have an arcam rdac. Which are the audio setting should i choose on jriver to have the best sound?
You have to try different outputs (KS, WASAPI and ASIO - depends what is supported by your DAC) and after listening to decide which one provides the best audio quality for you. Some DAC's beter with ASIO, others are can be better with WASAPI or even KS.
Also for such needs I have created for myself 2 Audio zones in JRiver: one for playback through HDMI from computer for movies and multichannel audio and another one for stereo music playback through my SOTM dX-USB HD USB-SPDIF converter to my AV reciever.
For this you will have to create zones and create rules for content filtering for desired playback type (stereo or multichannel) at selected zone in "ZoneSwitch" : http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Zones

With described settings my JRiver playbacks all video-audio content in my computer except original Blu-rays. For original Blu-ray playback I use TMT6. Unfortunantly TMT6's audio bitstreaming (doesn't have wasapi output) quality is not on pair with JRiver quality (through WASAPI) :(.

cuciu76

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 04:01:40 pm »

Tks. I solved my problem with the dts hd audio format. Now i will try my dac with lossless files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up