INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Problems  (Read 1055 times)

edorr

• Recent member
Video Problems
« on: February 21, 2014, 10:11:01 am »

I am using jriver 19 using default video settings and am having problems. Hardware is HDMI from ASUS P8Z77-M motherboard into LCD projector (I also tried another display - same problem). There is an intermittent shift of the image in the middle of the screen. I thought it was hardware issue, but playing the same video with another program I am not having the issue, so I assume JRiver is the problem. I tried the suggestions in video trouble shooting. Any ideas what I can do to try to get this fixed through JRiver setting change?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Video Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 10:21:13 am »

Did you try setting video to Red October Standard?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 10:42:56 am »

If you are trying to use Red October in HQ mode on that board (which is an Ivy Bridge motherboard) using the onboard HDMI connector, this will not provide a good experience.  The integrated Intel GPU is not fast enough to support ROHQ.  Some Ivy Bridge CPUs can run ROHQ in software mode (without using GPU acceleration), but generally only the higher-end quad-core i5 and i7 chips.  You did not include what CPU you are using in that build. 

Assuming you don't have a Core i7 3770 or something similar in that rig, the recommended settings for it would probably be using Red October Standard.  This would be comparable to what you'd get with most other video players like VLC out of the box.  To use ROHQ, a midrange discreet GPU would serve you well.

If you are using a higher-end Intel CPU, then you can try disabling Hardware Acceleration in Options > Video.

It is possible to tweak the settings in order to still use madvr on an Intel Integrated GPU, but this is a non-supported configuration.  If you want to try, you can refer to this document for some guidance:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/MadVR
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

edorr

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 10:52:55 am »

I am using Red October standard - not HQ. Tried accelerator on and off. Same problem ....

I do have a core i7 processor, so I will give ROHQ a whirl. You never know....
Pages: [1]   Go Up