INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP!!!! Quick Please, Manual TV Recording Timer, how do I do it?  (Read 1102 times)

newguy1

• Recent member

Hi All,

In Canada, our CBC schedule goes from 7am to 7pm with the olympics.  I want to record from 12pm to 5pm only for the hockey game.

Is there a way to set the timer manually?  I can only figure out how to record from the tv schedule....

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
Re: HELP!!!! Quick Please, Manual TV Recording Timer, how do I do it?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 08:07:41 am »

I am not in front of my HTPC right now, but basically:

1 - In standard view: Pick any show and select configure recording
2 - Then you set the appropriate channel and select a manual recording
3 - Set the times to start and finish.

The key is that you have to get 'into' the recording screens.  To do this, you just need to select a program and click record.  Then you can setup the manual recording.

I hope this helps.  If you need more info, let me know and I will try to get back to you when I get home and have my computer in front of me.

Alex

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 10:01:29 am »

If you have program guide associated with the channel, then the only way to set recording is to select the program in the guide and click Record button (in standard view).  Without guide data associated with the channel, you can select the channel and click Record button, and then specify any time frame.  When there is guide data, that has a single program that runs from 7 AM to 7 PM, you do the following:

1. select the program in standard view (Olympics, 7 AM - 7 PM) and click Record.
2. select Record (record only this program), and click Next.
3. In "Start recording early by" box, enter -299 minutes (negative value); and in "Keep recording after program ends by" box enter -119 minutes.
4. click Finish.

This will start recording at 11:59 AM, and end recording at 5:01 PM (instead of 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM).  The negative numbers let you do the opposite of what those parameters are supposed to do.

Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

newguy1

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 06:20:11 pm »

Thanks for the resposne!  I did the -(x) number of minutes, worked great.
Pages: [1]   Go Up