INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Airport Express connectivity issues  (Read 837 times)

Sched7

Airport Express connectivity issues
« on: February 24, 2014, 02:12:43 pm »

Hi,

Newbie here looking for help setting up JRiver with my Airport Express.

I'm running JRiver MC on a Windows 8.1 media server which I'm using to wirelessly stream media to my Airport Express. The AE is connected via optical to a DAC which is then connected to my Hi-Fi.

Being new to JRiver and having trawled the forum and net for a simple setup procedure I'm finding it hard to find a simple guide to setting up the AE. I have JRemote on my iphone/iPad which I want to use to control MC.

Can anyone give me a step-by-step procedure or point me in the right direction to getting an answer? I have downloaded and installed Air UPnp and I am familiar with Airfoil, however there seems to be conflicting advice on whether Airfoil is needed or not in order to set up the AE.

Thanks in advance
Sched7

jctcom

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
Re: Airport Express connectivity issues
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 06:44:10 pm »

I'm not an expert at this.  But someone answered a very similar question in this thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=87702.0

Hopefully that will get you started.

Carl.

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Airport Express connectivity issues
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 10:52:51 pm »

I tried most of the solutions available, before finally buying Airfoil.

Airfoil still doesn't work quite how I would like it (every time I launch it, it changes the default system sound device) but overall it works well. The audio connection is reliable, and I have no problems using it with Media Center.
Pages: [1]   Go Up