INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions about DLNA Zone Config and results  (Read 952 times)

jctcom

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
Questions about DLNA Zone Config and results
« on: February 22, 2014, 05:29:19 pm »

My Setup:
JRiver MC latest version running on i7 PC with 12GB RAM ouput to Onkyo TX-NR1008 Via NVIDIA GTX-660ti HDMI connection.
Testing my Popcorn Hour A-400.   All network connections via Gigabit.  Music stored on Synology DS1512+ NAS Server.

Created a new Zone in MC called it PCH A-400.

Configured Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA Server with the following settings:

Created new server and named it "PCH-A400"
Audio > Mode: Specified Output format only when necessary
         > PCM 24Bit
Advanced  >  Stereo Downmix = Unchecked
                > Sample Rate = Same As Source

Images   >  Mode JPEG (720 TV)   (Not sure if this setting affects album art or not which is one of my issues  Also tried 1080P)

Not going to go into video settings as I don't believe it is relevant to what I am trying to achieve or the issue(s).

So on my A-400 I can go into the network zone and I see my "(Computer) A-400" and select a playlist (Even my smart lists which is awsome by the way!)

I can play the music fine with the following anomalies / issues

1.  For some reason I don't seem to get any cover art?  (Maybe MC doesn't send it? or the A-400 doesn't pick it up?)
2.  Stereo stuff is sent to the receiver as stereo.  but for some reason 5.1 tracks are being sent as 7.1 even though there is only music coming out from 5.1 channels.

So I guess.  Is there a way for me to get the album art to show up?  and why is it sending out 5.1 tracks in a 7.1 signal?

Obviously neither of these are paramount.  Just curious if there is something I can do to change / fix it.  In the case of the 5.1 showing as 7.1 is this a bug?

If you guys need any more info to investigate this please let me know.

Thanks.

Carl.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: Questions about DLNA Zone Config and results
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 06:08:07 pm »

Have you tried changing any of the settings under Advanced in the DLNA configuration window.
Present Small Artwork? DLNA Extras?
Don't know if it makes a difference or not but are you using Album Art that is embedded in the tag or from an external file.
File format of the files? wav, flac, mp3...
I would not concern myself with the 5.1 in a 7.1 package I seem to remember seeing something about some devices requiring it when using HDMI.
Sean
Pages: [1]   Go Up