INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exclusive access not working? Number of Channels not correct  (Read 1449 times)

jctcom

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
Exclusive access not working? Number of Channels not correct
« on: February 25, 2014, 04:59:27 pm »

Ok.  So I have gone back to my Claro Halo HT with XT board and 8 Analog outputs.  

The great thing about this is that now all my music plays (According to MC) with 24Bit - Direct Connection using WASAPI.
Even plays the 88.2KHz stuff.  (Haven't tried 176.4 yet.  Not sure I have any?)

Blue icon lit all the time.

Now the issues. It does not seem to be taking exclusive control of the sound card even though it is checked.

The result is that everything that is multi-Channel plays through all speakers.  Even though the DSP says 6CH or 4CH Direct using WASAPI it still plays through all 7 speakers.  (That's right 7 not 7.1  no signal going to the Subwoofer though it works during the tests mentioned below).

I have tested all the speakers individually in both the Windows configuration window and in the C-Media / Oxygen utility and they all seem to work correctly as far as the correct source going to the correct speaker.

Stereo music comes out 2 speakers like it's supposed to.

There are several drivers in MC available for this card but the two I believe I should be looking at are "C-Media Oxygen (ASIO)" and "Claro Halo (WASAPI)"

The ASIO driver only provides sound out of the front 2 speakers. No variation I have tried will get sound out of any other speakers.

The WASAPI driver has the above mentioned issues.

Any help much appreciated.

Edit:  Oops forgot my specs:
Windows 8.1 running the above mentioned sound card via 7.1 Analog connections into Onkyo TX-NR1008 receiver Analog inputs.

Carl.

jctcom

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
Re: Exclusive access not working? Number of Channels not correct
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 05:22:30 pm »

Strange.  I decided to test the Kernel driver.  That at least seems to put out the proper amount of channels (4 to 4 and 5.1 to 5.1) and powers the Sub.

But I still don't know why the WASAPI driver didn't work properly and what is going on with the ASIO with only 2 channels?

Carl

I take that back.  The 2 Channel songs are going out as 5.1    ::)

Carl.
Pages: [1]   Go Up