INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Incomplete info on TV Series I record  (Read 1407 times)

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
Incomplete info on TV Series I record
« on: March 02, 2014, 08:29:47 pm »

I record several TV series such as House, Law & Order. Much of the data is not included in each episode such as season year, Episode etc. this info appears to be inthe TVDB which, if I understand correctly, MC uses to automatically get this info to put in the recorded show file. Why is this not happening correctly?

Thx

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Incomplete info on TV Series I record
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 08:38:45 pm »

I would expect that it depends on where you are in the world and how kind the broadcaster is publishing the relevant data to the EPG that you've set up MC to access.

I commiserate. I'm based in Oz and the free to air EPG gets loaded with trash info, so I'm continually checking TVDB for the correct series name, inputting that detail to the MC tags and entering the season and episode numbers. It's pretty normal that the media sub-type is out (especially if it's a movie but recent improvements are meant to help with that recognition step), so I check that while I'm editing the tags.

The easiest bit is running Get Movie & TV Info. MC armed with the right meta-data works like a charm. My issue is with the broadcasters and the poor standard that the Oz government agencies impose upon them..   ::)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 12:37:33 pm »

Season and episode data is hard to interpret.  What we get in guide data mostly are in the form of some identifiers that we currently do not know how to map to correct season number and episode number.

Some aspect of this in xmltv is discussed in the thread below:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81654.0

With our recommended method of getting EPG, I believe the data come in in a form similar to system="dd_progid" mentioned in the thread above.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 06:22:47 pm »

Thanks for replying guys. Looks like I'm stuck with what I've got. Don't have time to edit al of the shows i record and am definitely not able to work with code!!

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 06:24:28 pm »

Astromo....when you say "running Get Movie & TV Info".....where do you do that?

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 07:27:11 pm »

Never mind! I found how to search for that info. But to do this I need series year and other info I don't have and is what I was hoping to get automatically.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 07:40:24 pm »

Astromo....when you say "running Get Movie & TV Info".....where do you do that?

Never mind! I found how to search for that info. But to do this I need series year and other info I don't have and is what I was hoping to get automatically.

Nice one. Glad to hear you found what you were after.

And yes, some automatic bit of fuzzy logic detective work to populate the season and episode data would be heaven sent. With TV, I'm regularly checking for data here:
http://thetvdb.com/
and manually filling it in..  :(
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT
Pages: [1]   Go Up