INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback of recorded TV  (Read 1869 times)

NJones

Playback of recorded TV
« on: February 20, 2014, 07:55:59 am »

I have an issue in that if I set J River to record a TV show from standby it wakes the computer up fine and puts it back to sleep fine, however when I come to watch the recorded tv show it plays fine until it reaches the end of the recording then the computer freezes with the screen showing the last frame of the recording, no button will unfreeze it unless I do CTR+ALt+DEL or strangely hit the rewind button it then drops out back to the menu. When the screen is frozen no screensaver etc will run.

However if I do a TV recording whilst the computer is running ie listening to music the playback of the recorded tv show is fine so its almost as if the software is being a bit agressive with putting the computer back into sleep mode before properly stopping the recording.

I have updated all of the tv tuner drivers, tried different tuners, running the latest version of J River 19 and using Windows 7.

Help please ?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Playback of recorded TV
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 08:16:33 am »

I am not sure if we actually put computer back to sleep.  Anyway, I will have to do some testing about playback.  Does MC freeze every time you play the same problem file?  Please email me a log.  yaobing at jriver dot com
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

NJones

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 10:22:28 am »

Thanks for your quick response, will email a log over. The reason why I think MC is putting the computer to sleep is that I have the computer set to go to sleep after 2 hours, however when MC wakes up the computer it will go back to sleep state within seconds of the recording finishing.

Yes the freeze happens every time on first play, however once it has played the recording this sometimes sorts the issue out and its fine for that particular recording.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 03:56:53 pm »

Thanks for the log.  Unfortunately I am still in the dark.  The log shows that the program continued for another 2 minutes after playback of recording had stopped.  Was MC unresponsive during that last two minutes?  The log seems to suggest otherwise because of all the main-thread activities logged for the last two minutes.  There was no indication of MC crashing, except that shutdown procedure was not logged.

Yes the freeze happens every time on first play, however once it has played the recording this sometimes sorts the issue out and its fine for that particular recording.

Did playback happen in the same session as recording (i.e. without restart of MC)?  I have not been able to reproduce the problem, so I am trying to learn as much as I can about how you did it.

NJones

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 02:31:17 am »

Hi thanks for testing, mc doesn't actually crash just freezes the tv picture but as soon as you hit fast forward or rewind it is fine with no sign of any issues the odd thing is this only happens when a recording is done when the machine wakes itself only records a show then goes back to sleep state. I did some testing last night strangely if I use TS format then try and record a show I can get mc to crash by trying to play another channel whilst recording I can send the log to you for that ? But the workaround on my system is to use jtv which works well except this issue.

What happened was the machine recorded a show then went to sleep however my wife in the morning for some reason rebooted the PC before starting to watch the show so wasn't in the same session. I appreciate this is difficult to diagnose. Do you want me to try again within the same session and send the log ?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 10:34:47 am »

Sorry for not answering your questions sooner.

I did some testing last night strangely if I use TS format then try and record a show I can get mc to crash by trying to play another channel whilst recording I can send the log to you for that ?

Yes, please send a log if you get a crash again after installing the latest build.

Do you want me to try again within the same session and send the log ?

No.

NJones

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 02:49:48 am »

Hi emailed the log to show the crash when recording in TS format.

I have narrowed down the issue of playback freezing at the end of the recording in that it only does this if I use madVR HQ works fine using standard quality so will try different settings in madVR.
Pages: [1]   Go Up