INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what are you using for sorting files?  (Read 1151 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
what are you using for sorting files?
« on: March 07, 2014, 09:57:17 am »

Curious what everyone is using to auto sort files? Any of you using auto sorters, extractors, movers?

On our home network we have one folder where everyone places their files, and then i weekly/monthly goto that folder and MANUALLY rename move those files to the appropriate network location. ALOT OF WORK.

Scenarios im wondering if possible to auto move/rename...

rar'd files would be auto extracted, and then the zip would be sent to recycle bin, and extracted files would be renamed and moved.

tv shows that have S (Season) E (Episode) in filename would be moved to videos drive

files having characters/spaces etc in filename would be removed EX. Blah.blah.dvdrip would be renamed to blah blah and then moved to videos folder.

music - would be placed in music drive as artist\album\tracks numbers (including jpgs for cover art)

Images saved in certain folder on shared folder would be sorted appropriately to photo drive into year folder. any photos created in 2014 would goto network location (Pictures)\2014\ subfolders.

I've done some googling and such programs seem to exist but many of them tend to be command based... any GUI alternatives you guys are using? or recommendations would be appreciated!
Thanks!

nitephlight

• World Citizen
Re:
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 11:09:52 am »

Check out EventGhost, it's basically an automation tool for Windows that you can set triggers and macros with. I believe I use the directory watcher plugin to automate some basic file manipulation
Pages: [1]   Go Up