INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem changing track order and/or track information  (Read 1163 times)

msieck

• Recent member
Problem changing track order and/or track information
« on: March 08, 2014, 11:21:56 am »

I believe this should be an "easy" problem and I was somehow able to do it before but now I cannot.

Some of the tracks on my albums are not in a "correct" order for sequential playback and I need to rearrange them accordingly. Some are also variously mislabeled and I would like to edit them. Is there a quick or simple (or whatever!) fix for this in MC19? I assume this means changing this information in the file(s) stored on my hard drive?

Thanks

M.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Problem changing track order and/or track information
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 01:50:44 pm »

You must be looking for the Magic Solutions button. :-)

You're referring to the file's metadata (aka tags).  MC retrieves, stores, and uses these values in the views that you use.   So you'll want to set the tag data to work for your needs.  The key values are Disc #, Track #, Artist, Album, Name, often Date, and depending upon the album, sometimes Album Artist.

if you have tracks without good values, you can use various techniques to retrieve or at least help set the values, or you can manually set them.

It sounds like your Track # and possibly Disc # values are not correct.  Do the file names and file paths have useful values from which to pull the data?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

msieck

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 09:13:28 am »

Thanks for your help and, yes, the file names and paths have useful information. I "merely" want to change the order of tracks in some files since they are somehow not correctly sequenced (ex: classical music with several movements that are not in the proper order). In other cases, there are misspellings in the tags or the information isn't correct. I'd like to overwrite what's there. Some CDs were also "mistakenly" assigned to wrong genres when ripped and I'd like to correct this.

I thought I was able to do this once in one of the views by clicking on the appropriate tag and it became highlighted and could be moved or overwritten. Am I delusional?

M.

MrC

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 01:02:15 pm »

You can select one or more tracks, and set the tags either in a view (in the file list or in a pane column) by pressing F2 (the cell column that you last clicked will be the one that opens for edit), or you use the Tag Action Window.

msieck

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 02:07:07 pm »

Thanks!

M.

MrC

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 11:22:53 pm »

You're welcome.

You'll discover along the way there are many nice shortcuts for facilitating and speeding up the tagging process.
Pages: [1]   Go Up