INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC19 Can't see DLNA Renderer (GMediaRenderer installed on Pi)  (Read 2467 times)

Gecko

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!

Aim: To use Gizmo to tell MC running on windows downstairs to play music to the Raspberry Pi amp and speaker setup upstairs.

I want to use the Pi as a zone, as I have using other installs of MC on the network.
I've installed GMediaRenderer, following the beginnings of the blog, and I can see the renderer installed on the Pi using Bubbleupnp. I am assuming this means I have installed the renderer properly.
http://blog.scphillips.com/2013/07/playing-music-on-a-raspberry-pi-using-upnp-and-dlna-revisited/

Other MC instances can see each other on the network. I assume this means my network is not stopping the relevant traffic (everything is hardwired).

I cannot see the Pi in MC.

Is there some detail in the dnla setup that would mean MC cannot see the Pi, or have I not set up the Pi or MC properly? After much reading,and some clicking in MC, I have not done anything in MC19 to find the Pi except wait, and restart (both) a few times.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC19 Can't see DLNA Renderer (GMediaRenderer installed on Pi)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 10:16:22 pm »

Make sure the DLNA controller function is turned on in advanced under media network.
Other possible problem can be windows firewall, third party firewalls, router blocking the ssdp broadcast, etc.

Gecko

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 04:13:22 am »

Thank you.

The DLNA controller is on (as is server and renderer)

There are no third party firewalls.

Bubbleupnp shows in MC, as does another MC, and Bubbleupnp can see the Pi, and MC. I am taking this to mean that my netgear router is to be letting everything through. This is also why I think it is a MC setup, or some component of DLNA mismatching that is the problem.

Any more thoughts?

Gecko

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 04:44:44 am »

Thanks for the reply.

Although what I posted was all correct, it turns out that it wasn't all at the same time! As I fixed one bit, another broke, and I should have checked EVERYTHING each time.

The final problems were the renderer running on the Pi when i expect it to, and the DLNA Controller being ticked. All very simple really, so thanks for the help. Sorry for making other people think, when I should have worked it out myself instead of going round in badly drawn circles.

I do recommend the blog I followed too, using a Pi as DLNA renderer.
http://blog.scphillips.com/2013/07/playing-music-on-a-raspberry-pi-using-upnp-and-dlna-revisited/

Thanks again!

Pages: [1]   Go Up