Devices > JRiver Id -- Hardware by JRiver

JRiver Synapse -- Would you consider a $395 Audiophile DLNA Renderer?

<< < (4/23) > >>

leezer3:
An OEM windows licence would set you back ~$50 as a FWIW.

Now onto the more interesting part-
For something like this to be interesting to me, it needs it's own screen and basic controls.
A VFD is fine, but I need a way to see what's playing, and operate basic player controls (Play/ Pause, skip) without going into Android apps etc.

As a video player, you can get away with a remote & no screen, but not as an audio player :)

-Leezer-

JimH:
I use Gizmo a lot for playback.  The playback information is on the remote.  I can see why you might expect it on the playback device, but it's a small mind shift required. 

JimH:
It's 8 no's (72%) and 3 maybe's right now.  I predict it will finish with two thirds maybe's.

bunglemebaby:
I added a maybe, but that maybe is only in the future. My current setup works pretty well for current needs, and $400 is a lot for purchasing on a whim to see how well a setup works. When we finally get our "library" room finished though, it might need some sweet audio streamed to it...

imugli:
Even down the track, if it becomes available with video, is thing going to be powerful enough to do on-the-fly video transcoding for DLNA?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version