Devices > JRiver Id -- Hardware by JRiver

JRiver Synapse -- Would you consider a $395 Audiophile DLNA Renderer?

<< < (10/23) > >>

jimm2:
Rather than head in this direction, my vote would be to focus more development effort on the Mac and Linux products you already have. At the current development pace, they are several years away from being considered full featured products similar to the Windows version.

Vocalpoint:

--- Quote from: jimm2 on March 06, 2014, 09:59:19 am --- Rather than head in this direction, my vote would be to focus more development effort on the Mac and Linux products you already have. At the current development pace, they are several years away from being considered full featured products similar to the Windows version.
--- End quote ---

+1. I continue to read a lot of negatives on other forums about how far behind the Mac (and Linux) versions are compared to the Windows version of MC.

If it were me - once all three versions are on the same footing - and have the same level of stability - only then would I then consider a move in a new realm such as this.

VP

JimH:
One of the reasons we did a Linux port was to offer complete hardware solutions.

In any case, this thread is about the proposed hardware.  Discussion of JRiver priorities could go in another thread.

Vocalpoint:

--- Quote from: JimH on March 06, 2014, 12:47:36 pm --- One of the reasons we did a Linux port was to offer complete hardware solutions. In any case, this thread is about the proposed hardware.  Discussion of JRiver priorities could go in another thread.
--- End quote ---

Understood. To stay on topic - my response would be no - for many of the reasons already stated.

I think I spent about 400 on my HTPC and it does everything a good MC box should do - and does it all very well.

Cheers,

VP

hlesser:
(1) Would this work with JRemote?

(2) Would this be compatible with a Windows-compatible NAS on the same network?

(3) Support for DSD DoP protocol equivalent to what is offered on Windows version?

I had been considering a MacMini (Win or Mac OS) but this might be an option if the 2014 refresh is just vaporware.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version