Devices > JRiver Id -- Hardware by JRiver

JRiver Synapse -- Would you consider a $395 Audiophile DLNA Renderer?

<< < (16/23) > >>

csimon:

--- Quote from: kenterickson on March 17, 2014, 11:07:28 am ---The WDTV has an abysmal UI and I would love to have everything in one device with the great JRiver UI on my iPad.   
--- End quote ---

You can do this with your setup right now. You're using the iPad to send music via DLNA to the AVR, you can also use it to send music, video and images to the WDTV.  Assuming that the WDTV can handle the file formats you've got and, if not, that MC will be able to transcode.

hlesser:
FYI, Thunderbolt is available on some NUC builds

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-kit-dc3217by.html

6233638:

--- Quote from: hlesser on March 18, 2014, 11:52:52 am ---FYI, Thunderbolt is available on some NUC builds
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-kit-dc3217by.html
--- End quote ---
Yes - this is not a current product though. I don't think any of the Haswell NUCs (that one is Ivy Bridge) have Thunderbolt ports. It was dropped in favor of DisplayPort to save costs because adoption of Thunderbolt is so low.

pcstockton:

--- Quote from: csimon on March 17, 2014, 12:41:15 pm ---You can do this with your setup right now. You're using the iPad to send music via DLNA to the AVR, you can also use it to send music, video and images to the WDTV.  Assuming that the WDTV can handle the file formats you've got and, if not, that MC will be able to transcode.

--- End quote ---

Yup!!!

There isn't any video that my WDTV Live wont play.  It outputs DD 5.1 to my AVR via spdif, so I am assuming it can at least play 24/96 audio.  I wouldn't be surprised if it can push 24/192.

I dont use mine for audio but I can check it tonight.

-Patrick

hoyt:
1) Maybe, but likely not.  I voted yes because the question said "would you consider."
2) If it did video, without a doubt.

I bought the beta Mac version thinking that the beta phase of it would be taken closer to the windows version.  You're now a full rev in and there's still no progress in the video realm.  I didn't buy into the Linux beta for that reason (or Mac MC19).  I have 2 linux servers, 3 linux based NAS's, 2 mac books and 1 windows computer in my household.  To put that in context, I'd buy a Mac Mini for ~$600 and put J River on it to replace my current Windows HTPC.  So would I buy a $400 Linux box to replace instead?  In a heartbeat...  $500 if it did video, likely.  $600?  Maybe not.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version