INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rating Hot Key needs fixing  (Read 1247 times)

chriswale

• World Citizen
Rating Hot Key needs fixing
« on: March 05, 2014, 01:53:14 pm »

Hi

I noticed that when I use the CTRL+SHIFT+1...5 to rate images in the view mode, the image is rated, however, if I repeat the action to change the rating while the image is open it does not work.
Example:
View image
Hit CTRL+SHIFT+3 to rate the image a 3 > image rating is set to 3 star.
Hit CTRL+SHIFT+4 to rate the image a 4 > but image rating remains at 3 star.

I often use the hot keys to rate images. Please could you see if this can be fixed?

Note: If I close and open the image and then use the hot key to change the rating, it works.  It's when I decided to change the rating in the same view that it does not.

I hope this helps.
Regards,
Chris

jctcom

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
Re: Rating Hot Key needs fixing
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 02:32:11 pm »

I don't use MC for images.  But when I started using the Hot Keys for rating music I was listening to on the fly I thought it was not working as well.  I discovered that it changes it instantly in the currently playing info at the very top of the screen.  But in the  playlist area below the playing now window it was delayed.  Sometimes till after the song finished playing.  Probably so as not to interrupt the music while it is playing.

I suppose there could be something similar happening with images?  You might want to check if these changes are being written but maybe just delayed?

Carl.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 03:09:08 pm »

The defined keyboard shortcuts are not configured to work during Playback mode.  To make them work, you have to customize the shortcuts.

Quit MC, and go to the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 19\Data.  Create a new folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 19\Data\Custom Resources

and add a new text file named Resource.xml, and add the contents below to that file.  Then open MC and your ratings should now work during Image playback.

Code: [Select]
<!--
Media Center Resource XML (Custom / English)
-->

<MJRS version="1.0">

<!--
ACCELERATORS:

Key: semi-colon delimited list of key strokes to be pressed (see list below for special keys)
    note that the only valid combinations are: [Key], [Key];Ctrl, [Key];Ctrl;Shift, [Key];Alt
  Type: the type of command (defaults to MCC)
    MCC: the command is an MC command
    Program: the command is a program to run
  Command: the MCC command index / name of program
  Param: the parameter for the MCC command / program arguments
  TranslateFlags: flags that determine when and how an accelerator is translated (binary or'd together)
    1: don't translate in edits, comboboxes, and other data entry controls
    2: don't translate in fullscreen mode or theater view
    4: don't translate in any type of popup window
    8: only translate in fullscreen
    16: don't translate in IE, VB controls, or other unknown rich controls
    32: targets playback engine / display (DVD, image playback, etc.)
    64: only translate when Action Window is focused
  NoShowAsShortcut: 1 if you don't want MC to show this shortcut in menus, tooltips, etc.
  Global: 1 if you want the accelerator to be translated even when MC doesn't have the focus

Special key list: Insert, Delete, -, +, Right, Left, Up, Down,
    NumPad0, NumPad1, NumPad2 (etc.), F1, F2, F3 (etc.), Backspace, Enter, Escape,
    Apps, Page Up, Page Down, Home, End, Space, Print Screen, Tab

Remember that order is relevant when the same shortcut appears multiple times.
-->

<ACCELERATORS>

<!-- Rate current song -->
    <Entry Key="Ctrl;Shift;0" Command="10023" Param="0" TranslateFlags="32" />
    <Entry Key="Ctrl;Shift;1" Command="10023" Param="1" TranslateFlags="32" />
    <Entry Key="Ctrl;Shift;2" Command="10023" Param="2" TranslateFlags="32" />
    <Entry Key="Ctrl;Shift;3" Command="10023" Param="3" TranslateFlags="32" />
    <Entry Key="Ctrl;Shift;4" Command="10023" Param="4" TranslateFlags="32" />
    <Entry Key="Ctrl;Shift;5" Command="10023" Param="5" TranslateFlags="32" />

<Entry Key="Ctrl;Shift;NumPad0" Command="10023" Param="0" TranslateFlags="32" />
    <Entry Key="Ctrl;Shift;NumPad1" Command="10023" Param="1" TranslateFlags="32" />
    <Entry Key="Ctrl;Shift;NumPad2" Command="10023" Param="2" TranslateFlags="32" />
    <Entry Key="Ctrl;Shift;NumPad3" Command="10023" Param="3" TranslateFlags="32" />
    <Entry Key="Ctrl;Shift;NumPad4" Command="10023" Param="4" TranslateFlags="32" />
    <Entry Key="Ctrl;Shift;NumPad5" Command="10023" Param="5" TranslateFlags="32" />

</ACCELERATORS>

</MJRS>
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

chriswale

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 03:35:12 pm »

Hi MrC

I tried the Resource.xml and copied your code exactly as you instructed, but unfortunately this did not work.  It caused the hot keys CTRL SHIFT 0...5 to stop working in display view.  I was unable to rate the file.

MrC

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 03:50:18 pm »

I'm confused.  You say the new definitions "stop working during playback".  I thought you said originally "while the image is open it does not work."  Can you explain what you mean by "playback" and "open"?

I tested the shortcuts, and could rate the image while in Standard View, and after double-clicking the image (which goes to Display View, and it worked both attached or detached).

chriswale

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 10:44:02 pm »

Hi MrC

I modified my comment above and I will test the resource.xml again.

I'd also like to change the star rating hot keys to be just the numbers keys [0,1,2,3,4, or 5] (instead of having to press the CTRL SHIFT) for both the standard view and display view.
The default hot keys for the number keys in display view [0,1,2,3,4, or 5] zoom in and out - a feature that I dont use as I make use of the mouse wheel.  In Adobe Bridge (image previewing software) I am used to using the number keys for star rating the files.

I am not familiar with modifying the resource.xml code, could you perhaps create another template for me?

MrC

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 12:37:33 pm »

Let's get your ratings working first, and then we'll go onto changing the definitions.

It will be as simple as removing some of the Meta keys from the definitions, and adding the correct TranslateFlags values.  I can vouch for how well it will work in practice, as MC uses basic keystrokes for type-ahead, etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up