INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Emotiva DC-1 dac  (Read 2755 times)

bobstcyr

Emotiva DC-1 dac
« on: March 07, 2014, 08:40:56 am »

Anyone using this? I just bought one and have downloaded my trial of JRiver. (Was using a squeezebox touch, direct to the crossovers on my Linkwitz Orions). I'm using an older lap top - Celeron with 3 GB of ram but stripped of everything else - running win7. I have 2 NAS on the wireless network. The dac sounds awesome IMHO.
The only issue is an intermittent problem with buffering. When the program is started it will play music just fine, if I stop the music and do some searching I often get a message that JRiver can't find the file,... If I switch the playback mode from ASIO to the default - Direct it will then find the file fine and I can then switch back to ASIO and it will keep playing fine - except that it will then begin to cut out and hang while it is buffering, sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes for longer,...
Not sure this is related to this dac and it's drivers, or some thing else, but just thought I'd get some feedback from anyone else using this dac.
Thanks

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Emotiva DC-1 dac
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 09:37:30 am »

A simple test is to run a latency checker like http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon
Sometimes wifi-drivers can hog a system.

theoctavist

• World Citizen
  • a bad liver and a broken heart.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 06:50:47 pm »

i have two of the dc-1s(love them!)

no issues at all with stuttering.

why not use wasapi? i have a special driver that allows you to uncheck (the use event style setting)

kiwi

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Don't worry, be happy...
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 12:29:02 am »

I've got two... but both are on the mac.  I don't have any connectivity issues with them.

I believe that you have to ensure you aren't using "event mode" for WASAPI.

theoctavist

• World Citizen
  • a bad liver and a broken heart.
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 03:55:46 am »

not with the driver I have. :)

if OP wants it, ill hook him up ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up