INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Redoing volumes on NAS - who to efficiently redo shared folder library  (Read 1521 times)

JJJ

• Junior Woodchuck

I need to redo the volumes on my NAS.  At the moment I have a stack of movies sitting in a shared folder on the NAS that are part of my JRiver library.  The last time I switched the location of this shared folder (from my Mac to the NAS) I reimported the new folder and ended up with two thumbnails for every file in my JRiver view and had to laboriously delete all the thumbnails relating to files that were no longer there.  I am sure there must be a more efficient way of doing this?

TIA

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.

1. Disable Auto-Import for those folders.
2. Quit MC and move your files.  Keep them in a folder hierarchy such that only some base path component changes.
3. Start MC, and for the moved files, select them, and perform a Rename, Move & Copy selecting the Update database ... mode.  Your goal here is to correct the base path component you changed when moving the files.
4. Re-enable auto-import.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

JJJ

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi.  Re 2, I need to move them off my NAS onto a hard drive on my Mac and back again.  Each of 382 movies is a folder (with Audio_TS and Video_TS subfolders).  I will be moving 382 folders rather than 1 folder of 382 subfolders etc.  Does this break "keep them in a folder hierarchy such that only some base path component changes"?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.

So long as you can *correct* the Filename field in MC to point to the right location, you'll be fine.  Examine it now for some files, and consider how you will change from the old path to the new path.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

JJJ

• Junior Woodchuck

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up