INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV recording was silent when played inside MC  (Read 1468 times)

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
TV recording was silent when played inside MC
« on: March 10, 2014, 11:53:06 am »

I got a question from user gizmo1950 via PM.  I am posting it here so all can see.

HI

This is the second time I have installed your program this week. My first problem is with the tv tuner. I am using a Hauppauge DCR 2650. The program finds the tuners, but shows it as a digital instead of opencable. After sometime the program adds two opencable tuners. When the opencable tuners are active the tv works. The window shows having 4 tuners,2 digital & 2 opencable. After some unspecified time frame the opencable tuners are gone. I have disabled WMC.

My last problem so far is no sound from recorded movies. I get the video, but no audio. This works when I use Windows Media Center . Also in Theater View it shows the movies, but no title.

Thanks for the logs.  I did not realize that you were trying to play a TV recording made inside Windows Media Center, not JRiver Media Center.  Can you confirm that recording and playback of recordings made inside JRiver Media Center work?

As to why MC does not play sound for a wtv file, I have not been able to draw any conclusion from the log files you sent me, and I can not reproduce the issue with a WMC recording on my computer.  One difference I see between your recording and mine is that yours has MPEG-2 Audio while mine has AC3 audio.

Can you share a sample recording with me so I can test the file directly?  If the file is not too large, you may email it to me.  Otherwise use services such as Dropbox or One Drive to share.

Thanks.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Daniel Warner

• World Citizen
Re: TV recording was silent when played inside MC
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 07:41:09 pm »

I am having a similar problem.  None of my wtv or dvr-ms recordings will play correctly in MC.  The video plays but the audio is silent.  I notice as well that it lists the files as having an unknown codec, both for video and audio.

This happens for both of my audio devices, whether I run them in WASAPI mode or Direct Sound.

I have attached a log when I opened an example file
Sybil, you're always ... refurbishing yourself
Pages: [1]   Go Up