INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Find Music - Mouse Wheel Focus  (Read 665 times)

Ilmar

Find Music - Mouse Wheel Focus
« on: February 20, 2002, 10:53:16 am »

When I type in a search subject, I see the list appear before my eyes...

I automatically "wheel down" the list but the focus is on the search string drop down box, and it scrolls to previously used search strings. Yes! I know, I need to use the scroll bar, or click on the list to change the focus for the mouse wheel.... but I always forget, as the natural response is to wheel!

This is pain because you can't scroll back to what you just typed, you have to type it in again.

Also, I have a problem with my search string drop down list. It has 2 items in it and it is always the same 2 items.

Is there any way short of reinstalling MJ to get rid of these 2 items, as the file which stores these is not saving any other search strings.

MJ Beta latest (and previous MJ8's)
Win XP Pro
MS Optical Mouse

Thanks

Ilmar

dragyn

RE:Find Music - Mouse Wheel Focus
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2002, 11:11:57 am »

I do the exact same thing with the wheel. What I hate worse is clicking on Media Library (Search), see the text cursor in the window and then start typing...only to find out nothing is being typed cause the fouse is on "Media Library"

Ilmar

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2002, 11:21:53 am »

Yup, done that too (many times)

Ilmar

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2002, 03:33:32 am »

^Bump^

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2002, 04:26:08 am »

History values are stored here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Music Exchange\1.0\Media Jukebox\ComboHistory\Find

I've done the mouse wheel thing too, but that's how Window's work... the scroll goes to whatever has the focus.  If we automatically changed the focus, it'd be even more annoying.

And I think entries get saved to the history whenever you hit [Enter] (which plays the results)

Later.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up