INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSD over PCM Version 19 vs Version 18  (Read 1262 times)

mstulken

• Recent member
DSD over PCM Version 19 vs Version 18
« on: March 12, 2014, 03:30:58 pm »

I have a Chord Electronics Chordette QuteHD. I recently upgraded to JRiver version 19 from 18. In version 18 I had the settings at DSD over PCM and there was an optional box with I clicked under custom: PoP 1.0(oxFA/0x05). I can't find this option under version 19. I'm not sure if this is related to my issue which is as follows: Under version 18, I had all resolutions unchanged from source when I enacted the DSD over PCM button. When I played DSD files they came through on my DAC as DSD resolution. When I played PCM they also came through at their native resolution. I didn't have to go into Playback options to unclick DSD over PCM when playing PCM files. In version 19 if I enact DSD over PCM in bitstreaming options, everything gets upsampled to DSD, and to listen to PCM at native resolution, I have to unclick the DSD over PCM option. Am I missing something?
Thanks
Mike

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: DSD over PCM Version 19 vs Version 18
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 06:11:27 pm »

I think you have accidentally enabled DSD Encoding in the Output Format section of the DSP Studio.

mstulken

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 08:22:17 pm »

You are brilliant. Thank  you. I set output above 192 to no change and none on output encoding and dsd on bitstreaming. Its working exactly as before.

DavidZ

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 01:21:22 pm »

Have either of you compared the sound quality of Redbook played at native sample rate vs. upsampled to DSD on JRiver?
Pages: [1]   Go Up