INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video files not showing up as video and unplayable  (Read 1410 times)

flydeep

• Junior Woodchuck
Video files not showing up as video and unplayable
« on: March 18, 2014, 12:12:05 pm »

I have a bunch of .mkv and .mp4 files that do not show up in the theater view. I was looking for the root cause and see that these files show up in the theater view if I remove the restriction of them being video files. When I try to play (select and play) these files in theater view mode, they do not play. The pop up error message tells me they are not playable. However, when I right click on these files in Windows explorer and play them in MC19 indirectly, they play. What gives? I am on the latest stable MC19 version.
--
Win 8.1 Pro (GTX 960, BENQ HT1075), Win 10 Pro (GTX 950, Sony KDLW900A) KVMs on Unraid 6.1.9, 8GB DDR3 +2 vCPU each, i7-4790, Asrock Z97 ex6, Denon 3313CI, Emotiva XPA5 amp, KEF Q900s, 600c, Mirage OMD15s, PSA 3x XS30SE

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Video files not showing up as video and unplayable
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 12:51:17 pm »

Go to Standard view and manually check and make sure the files in question have Media Type of Video.  If not, change it to Video.  Try playing them again and let us know what happens.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

flydeep

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 08:41:20 am »

^^^ Thank you for the pointer. After digging around yesterday, I may have found what the issue could be.

I point my library to the the NAS folder on the network and also have this folder mapped on my htpc. There have been times when a new folder does not show up in library immediately and at that point, I add this folder manually in MC library by right clicking in explorer and import to MC. Some of these folders when added through explorer are tagged incorrectly and are not playable in Theater View. I would like to delete all the folders that were imported in the library through mapped folder (V:\Movies) and re-import them correctly through the network share (\\tower\Movies).

Now the question is, how to fix this? The last time when I deleted a folder from library that was tagged incorrectly, I could not re-add it. Is there a clean way to fix this so that all media in the library is pulled in only from the network share directly (eg //tower/Movies) and not a mapped folder (eg V:\Movies)?
--
Win 8.1 Pro (GTX 960, BENQ HT1075), Win 10 Pro (GTX 950, Sony KDLW900A) KVMs on Unraid 6.1.9, 8GB DDR3 +2 vCPU each, i7-4790, Asrock Z97 ex6, Denon 3313CI, Emotiva XPA5 amp, KEF Q900s, 600c, Mirage OMD15s, PSA 3x XS30SE

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 09:04:13 am »

There are two kinds of delete.  A soft delete (just pressing the del key) will remove a file from MC's library, but not from the disk.  A hard delete (shift del) will do both.  Try one or two before you do very many.

You can do a search to find all the files that should be removed.  Searching for V:\Movies, for example.

flydeep

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 09:15:41 am »

So soft deleting a file from the library that were imported to V:\Movies will not stop me from re-adding those folders through the network share?

Also, I see .xml files in each folder that was imported into the library. Does this file have any information that may prevent or cause trouble when this folder is re-imported in MC?

There are two kinds of delete.  A soft delete (just pressing the del key) will remove a file from MC's library, but not from the disk.  A hard delete (shift del) will do both.  Try one or two before you do very many.

You can do a search to find all the files that should be removed.  Searching for V:\Movies, for example.
--

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 09:27:10 am »

Best to try a few now.

flydeep

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 09:30:22 am »

Jim, I am at work now. Will try later this evening. Thanks!
--
Pages: [1]   Go Up