INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Downloaded (LAME) MP3s playing gapless in iTunes but not in J River/Foobar  (Read 1823 times)

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen

There was a post on this issue a while back (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83665.0), but the poster seemed to fix the issue by using flac files.  In my case, I don't have access to flac files of an opera I downloaded, so I was wondering about the clicks I hear between tracks in J River and Foobar and the ones I do NOT hear when I put the tracks in iTunes.  Any ideas about this? I'm sure it's something in the header, but of all things, why can crappy iTunes play these right and J River/Foobar, not?

Setup:  most recent versions of Foobar2000 (1.2.9) and J River (19.0.121); in J River, Switch Tracks = Gapless; Use gapless for sequential tracks = Enabled; [I've tried various combinations of these and some of the other options under "Audio" like "Do not play silence" and "Play from memory," just to see if anything would work].  The output is either my laptop's IDT Codeced speakers or a Turtle Beach USB headphone amp, but the click is audible with either type of output. 

I can send a couple of files to you to check on your end, too, if need be.  Is the address still logs@jriver.com?
Pages: [1]   Go Up