INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Server Tries To Connect Before WIFI is Enabled  (Read 791 times)

pcstockton

• Citizen of the Universe
Library Server Tries To Connect Before WIFI is Enabled
« on: March 18, 2014, 06:26:55 pm »

MC World,

This one has been bugging me for awhile.

Office PC (Server) is on 24/7 with MC Server running.

My HTPC (typically used "headless") loads that Server library to play from.  But when I boot up the HTPC, about 90% of the time I have to turn on the TV, bust out the mouse, then click "Retry" because MC tried to connect to the Library Server before my wifi was connected.  Sometimes it loads just fine though.

Any thoughts on how I can delay the HTPC from logging into the Server?  Or a setting that would make the Server wait until it had a network connection?

Final note, it seems that if the Library Server cannot connect on the first attempt it never connects on the subsequent auto-retries.  I see it trying to connect to both the local and global IP and neither work even though the network connection is now there.

Thanks in advance!
Patrick

HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Library Server Tries To Connect Before WIFI is Enabled
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 06:37:55 pm »

Instead of having MC run as a Startup item, configure a Scheduler task to start it up after the network is available.  Not knowing your setup I don't know when exactly this is - maybe its after 30 seconds, or maybe after first usage.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

pcstockton

Re: Library Server Tries To Connect Before WIFI is Enabled
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 08:25:06 pm »

Ill do some Google searching on how to work the Scheduler.  Thanks Mr. C

The HTPC is Win7 with SSD and boots in about 20 seconds.  It connects to the network almost immediately, but it appears that MC is faster.

Cheers!
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva
Pages: [1]   Go Up