INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I share playlists to be listened to over the Internet with friends?  (Read 1299 times)

Djeayzonne

• Junior Woodchuck

When I first set up the server function yesterday, it seemed to suggest this was possible somewhere.
Anyway, can I do this?

I would like a friend to have access to one specific playlist, and that person's stats such as playcounts and such are not stored on my JRiver.

I already figured out how to set up my routers and such so that I can access my JRiver sever on the desktop from my LAN as well as the Internet, so that part is already complete.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.

Media Center's Library Server supports sharing, but it doesn't have robust preventative features.

You can semi-limit access via the Users feature, but there are serious limitations for what you're trying to do.  Read carefully.

Media Network's Library Server can be used over the internet so remote clients can connect.  But again, you need to consider that MC allows sharing, but doesn't really prevent maliciousness or inadvertent changes.  Read Library Server and Library Server Sync.

It would be best for you to try connecting in various modes internally, to get the kinks worked out, before you open access to people you don't fully trust.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Djeayzonne

• Junior Woodchuck

I trust this person, I just don't want their stats being counted, mostly play counts. I certainly don't want them messing with the studio settings, though I doubt this person would even try.
Pages: [1]   Go Up