INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disable TV Recording function  (Read 1806 times)

daak01

Disable TV Recording function
« on: March 25, 2014, 05:09:15 pm »

Hello together,
is it possilbe to disable only the tv recording function of JRiver Media Center?
I need JRiver only as music player remote controlled by my tablet....so if I´m right,
media center should be running to make the music library available in the internal network.

Why I have to do this:
I´ve Microsoft MCE and JRiver Media Center parallel on one system running. If I
start JRiver, the SAT card resources are no longer available for Microsoft MCE...I´m
getting video failure displayed.

Can anybody help?

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards

daak01

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Disable TV Recording function
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 05:23:52 pm »

Try unchecking "Tools | Options | General | Features |TV".
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 12:57:27 am »

Everyone's choice on how they roll (and it all depends on the capability of your hardware and I know it comes at a cost of time to set up) but I prefer the option of dropping MCE and working with 1 platform for audio, video and TV:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Television

Part of my thinking hinges around M$'s lack of focus on MCE as reviewed here 2 years ago:
Microsoft Media Center not part of 'the future of entertainment'
and certainly doesn't feature in this view of the short to medium term future:
The 2014 Microsoft Product Roadmap

One to watch. At least you can be relaxed knowing that MC's continuing to develop down the TV path and you can pick it up later if required..  :)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 07:44:04 am »

Try unchecking "Tools | Options | General | Features |TV".

A better way, and probably more effective anyway, is...

Tools > Options > Television > Load program guide.  Then, select Clear Program Guide (bottom option), click Next, then Finish.

This turns the whole channel scanning system off.  In the same Options panel, you can also uncheck Recording > Enable Recording.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 08:59:04 am »

This turns the whole channel scanning system off.  In the same Options panel, you can also uncheck Recording > Enable Recording.

If disabling the entire TV section/feature in MC doesn't accomplish the same thing then that seems like a bug to me.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 10:39:30 am »

If disabling the entire TV section/feature in MC doesn't accomplish the same thing then that seems like a bug to me.

It may, or may not.  I don't know.

Options > General > Features is typically unsupported, so it is best avoided when possible.

If the reason for doing so is that MC is popping up the "updating channel lineup" message when closing down, though, this will solve it without turning off the whole darn thing.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

daak01

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 05:06:47 pm »

Hello community,
thanks a lot for your help. JRiver and Microsoft MCE are now parallel on one system and compatible.
I had never ever thought, that it is better to configure a function as to disable it.

Espcially in my case, I did it like glynor wrote (on this way: THANKS A LOT):
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A better way, and probably more effective anyway, is...

Tools > Options > Television > Load program guide.  Then, select Clear Program Guide (bottom option), click Next, then Finish.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Background: I searched a long time for a good working music media player, which can be fully controlled by a android tablet.
I tested Winamp, Clementine, PowerDVD, Foobar....etc....nothing....and JRiver did it...great...I reached my target...

Best regards

daak01

Pages: [1]   Go Up