INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issues with Cover Art  (Read 1339 times)

tspotorno

Issues with Cover Art
« on: April 07, 2014, 01:26:19 am »

Potential new user, and trying to configure the system but seem to have an issue.

1. Using UnRaid server to store all my blue ray's that have been ripped to an iso.
2. The Unraid server is Read Only.  It has a Movie Share and under that \BlueRay \DVD and under those 1 directory for each movie.
3. Mapped a drive to the Unraid Movie share and drag the directory to the library and it identifies all the movies.

I see a lot of the information on the movies, i can right click on one and get movie and tv info, it appears to show the cover art on that screen but when I click on Use This Data the cover art does not appear.

I have set the Cover Art directory to C:\CoverArt.  The directory is there.

I do not want to store anything in the UnRaid server movie folders.  Just the ISO is there.  I was hoping all the images / tags would be stored locally on the pc?

Is there a setting I'm missing to store all of the data locally vs attempting to store it in the actual movie folder?

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Issues with Cover Art
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 03:04:13 am »

I do not want to store anything in the UnRaid server movie folders.  Just the ISO is there.  I was hoping all the images / tags would be stored locally on the pc?

Is there a setting I'm missing to store all of the data locally vs attempting to store it in the actual movie folder?

Welcome to the fun.

From the list of threads at the bottom of this Wiki entry, looks like you've got a lot of reading to do:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art
but your question is addressed here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art#How_Images_Are_Stored
For video, cover art is always stored next to the file using the same filename as the video. For example, "Big Bang S01E11.mkv" will use "Big Bang S01E11.jpg" for cover art.

Sometimes a need arises to save cover art for a file that can not support artwork next to it. Imagine setting an image for a file on an optical disk. In these cases, the cover art is placed in the cover art folder.

Note the 2nd highlighted text in italics, so there's some criteria that triggers MC to remote store video artwork. I don't know what that trigger is. That's one for those more knowledgeable than myself and fortunately for you, there are a fair few.

All the best. I'll watch this one to see what additional responses you get.

As an idle thought, I'd think that if this capability was enabled then the artwork location would probably be included in the Sidecar File to provide MC direction to its location. If that wasn't part of the deal, then the library would need to record that data and store it internally (I'd expect).
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

tspotorno

Re: Issues with Cover Art
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 09:18:49 am »

Thanks for the reply.

I've read that section several times and created the cirectory C:\CoverArt, then in Options -> File Locations -> CoverArt set the folder name under CoverArt.

I know JRiver has recognized the folder as it created two subdirectories under C:\CoverArt called Albums and Videos

I am switching from a Popcorn Hour to a Media PC.  Under the PCH I was using YAMJ to create the Jukebox and all the related files.  I'd just add the movie to the UnRaid box and rerun yamj.  It would update grab the data and all related art work and store it in the Jukebox directory.

Well I tried manually adding the cover art file.  The movie is named "3 10 to Yuma (2007).iso"  the cover art is named "3 10 to Yuma (2007).jpg"

Nothing I seem to try works...
Pages: [1]   Go Up