INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC crashes with ASIO  (Read 2063 times)

Barbie-boy

• Junior Woodchuck
MC crashes with ASIO
« on: March 27, 2014, 07:17:16 am »

I installed the software from http://www.asio4all.com/, selected ASIO in MC, then opened the settings box and selected my USB DAC. But MC won't play and crashes. SWitch back to WASAPI and all is fine again. In windows sound setting play test works fine and defaults to 24/96

Any ideas please ?

Thanks

MC17, Win7 64bit, Audiolab M-Dac

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC crashes with ASIO
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 07:39:04 am »

its not really clear to me what you are doing... why are you using asio4all? the audiolab has its own asio drivers, right?
in asio4all you choose the asiodrivers from mc for playback?
and then in mc you choose asio4all for playback?
well.. that would be a loop.

i would not use asio4all, i think its the same as bitstreaming.. but you might have a good reason

:)
gab

Barbie-boy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 10:04:39 am »

I'm doing it as the M Dac manual says to do so lol, ok they don't mention MC and recommend Foobar. I have scanned and attached where they mention to go to asio4all and download it. Hope this explains why or what I am doing  ?

But otherwise is there any difference between WASABI and ASIO ?

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 10:37:50 am »

ah ok. :) so that means that there is no asio driver for the dac? there are always discussions about wasabi, i sometimes think it takes away to much of the taste of other ingredients. :P

but between WASAPI exclusive and asio, there should be no differences. or you could use kernelstreaming in mc which i think is the same as asio4all does.
as for the crashing, maybe it has something todo with this http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=85237.0

:)
gab

Barbie-boy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 02:10:53 pm »

I've uninstalled the asio4all, rebooted, back into MC, selected ASIO, and... error. Can't play ../64bit !? Enough, selected WASABI EVENTSTYLE and it works. Though what the difference between the standard and event styles is I don't know. But at least there is music coming out ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up