INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Desktop resolution changes after watching TV - theater view  (Read 4108 times)

racefacexc

• Recent member

I recently upgraded to a discreet graphics card and was able to resolve all of my video playback issues but now when I watch TV via *theater view - guide*, upon exciting back to theater view menu (or back to the guide for that matter) the screen resolution is changed to a much lower resolution and it causes everything to be displayed much larger. It makes it difficult to use the menu as I cannot see most of it. After exciting mc19, windows desktop will also be this way.   It appears to only happen when watching TV, which had been 720p every time I have tried so far.  When watching a 1080p movie, this issue does not happen.  My AMD Catalyst Control Center  settings for screen resolution are normally 1080p but after having this problem if I go into CCC it will show that it had changed to ****x720.  I don't remember this happening immediately after installing the new video card (Gigabyte R9 290x),  but I cannot be certain that I had tried to watch a 720p TV show.  I have changed several settings in MadVR and CCC but I am at work and couldn't tell you exactly which settings of the top of my head.   Any help or idea of what to check?   Thanks

mykillk

• World Citizen
Re: Desktop resolution changes after watching TV - theater view
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 07:30:53 pm »

In the video options for MC19, there is a section for automatic changing of refresh rate based on the video content. Somehow an option might have been set to change to a 720p resolution. I'd check that section out, and maybe even disable the feature for a test so you know that it's not the source of the issue.

racefacexc

• Recent member
Re: Desktop resolution changes after watching TV - theater view
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 02:20:15 pm »

Mykillk, Thanks for the reply.  I have checked the video settings that you mentioned and I have it set to "custom", with all of the different video types set to 1920x1080 of various refresh rates.  This was one of the things I had played with to get my video issue fixed, and none of them are set to 720 or ****x720.  I did notice that the "Default (used when restoring display settings)" was set to "Use Desktop settings" which are normally set to 1080p in CCC.  I changed this to 1920x1080 but it made no difference.  It still changes the desktop resolution to 720p when i exit to theater view/desktop after watching a 720p video.  Maybe it's a CCC/AMD issue that i need to chase.  I have gone through the CCC settings dozens of times and found nothing that I thought would be helpful.

Edit:  I just noticed that if I have a 720p video playing in the MC19 Action Window (not full screen), CCC will not change the desktop resolution to 1080p when i select it and click "apply".  If I close MC19 and try again, it switches to 1080p when i click "apply".
Pages: [1]   Go Up