INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with Playing now from a playlist  (Read 1784 times)

icehouse10

• Recent member
Problems with Playing now from a playlist
« on: March 17, 2014, 05:58:09 pm »

I am trying to "create" my own tv programming for my kids using the numerous cartoons and movies that I have in digital format.  They all play just fine when I open them up individually in MC 18.  My problem is when I combine them all into one playlist and try to play them in order or shuffled, playback is stopped after one movie is played.  If there is an 8 minute cartoon playing, the next file will play just fine.  It seems like after an hour or so is when I am having issues.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks.

icehouse10

• Recent member
Re: Problems with Playing now from a playlist
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 11:55:37 am »

I downloaded MC 19 to see if I would have any luck with playlists and playing multiple movies.   The same thing keeps happening -  after a movie has played it won't advance to the next movie without having to manually hit next on the media center remote.  8 minute cartoons will advance to the next one just fine.  Anyone else have issues with the playing now part of the program?

icehouse10

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 08:14:44 am »

I think I have narrowed it down to the larger movies are Video VTS files.  The cartoons are either in avi or a single vob file format.  I have a feeling that at the end of the larger movies -it is reading the vts file which references individual vob files VTS_01_1, VTS_02_2, VTS_03_3, etc.. and stops when it is done.  For some reason it will not advance to the next movie without manually hitting the next button.  Does this mean that I have to convert all of my movies so they are 1 large file like and avi file or is there a way to get the playlist to advance to the next vts file (movie).  Thanks.

icehouse10

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 04:11:48 pm »

Apparently no one from J River cares to reply to my questions.  I will try and figure this out on my own.  Not sure what good a forum is if the company you bought the program from picks and chooses which question to reply to.

Sincerely - A disappointing customer.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 09:42:03 pm »

I don't know the answer, but I'll move the to the MC19 forum since you've noticed the issue there too.  There are likely to be more viewers in that forum.  Hold tight...
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

jdizzy623

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 12:01:24 am »

I haven't tried this yet but I would like to do something similar to the PsuedoTV plugin from XBMC and basically what you have described but randomly instead.

I would like have JRiver create a random playlist of Comedy shows that I could start playing, walk away, and have it still playing hours later.
I would  to use the % to have it seed the playlist with certain percentages of designated series with no series playing 2x in a row.
My serie's episodes are all in either the mp4/mkv/avi format.

[EDIT]
Well, I tried doing this and I don't believe Play All is an option for video as it is for audio?!

@icehouse10
I created a Smart playlist of Comedy Episodes and that works fine in building the playlist, BUT, as you said, it will not automatically advance and play next episode. I think I have been down this road before and never had closure....

I believe it all boils down to not having the Play All available for video.
Pages: [1]   Go Up