INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Shows "In Progress"  (Read 1852 times)

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
TV Shows "In Progress"
« on: March 24, 2014, 07:38:24 am »

Hi all,
I have a request for you expression gurus. I know it can be done, but I can't get the date part right.
What I want, and I think many folks would appreciate, is an Expression that shows "in-progress" shows.

We have quite a few TV shows that are being watched by various members and sets of members of the household.
Quite often we have to stop watching a show somewhere in the middle. When the user comes back to finish their show, they have to remember which series they are watching, etc., to go back to where they left off. If a few days has passed it can be difficult to remember as there are so many for each set of users (like 97 active series!!) What I want is a view that shows all tv shows that have been stopped partially, and show them in reverse chronological order. So the last show someone watched but didn't finish is on the top, and the rest go on underneath so anyone can look at that view and determine if they left one unfinished.
The problem is "Last Played" only shows over 50%, and "last skipped" shows only under 50%. (best I can tell).
So I am using the NEW Bookmarked Percent field. "Show me all files with the Bookmarked Percent NOT 0, or 96,97,98,99,100."
This works but they are not sorted by date. There is no "last accessed" or any other way to show a file has been partially played except
last played and last skipped. But I need them both, and I can't figure that out.
"Show me files with [Bookmarked Percent] from 1-95, that have a [Last Skipped] OR a [Last Played] in the last 14 days, in reverse chron order."

Anyone know how to do that?

Thanks so much!

Don

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
Re: TV Shows "In Progress"
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 07:47:56 am »

Can 'Playing Now' be improved to include this?

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 08:33:18 am »

On the topic of Playing Now, I would sure like some method to remove tracks from playing now after they have been played. I know the developers have said "why remove them?" Why? Because Now Playing is confusing to those that don't use MC daily like we do. They expect the Track that is playing to be the top one on the list like a lot of other Media Players, MS included. We will never play this list again, and don't care to see tracks that have played already. So every party we have one person who goes over to the MC several times an hour to lasso the tracks played and "Remove Them from the list". MC s so powerful, this seems like something that really should be available.
Just like my previous question, I bet the tools are there, I just don't know how to use them.
"Remove Tracks from Playing Now that have played in the last 1 day." Would be awesome.

Thanks for reading...

Don

Woo Hoo 100 posts, World Citizen..!!!

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 06:31:31 am »

I guess it was a tall order...  :)
Just so you gurus would have fun laughing at me, I will share my solution. It is so un-elegant, you will shake your heads.

New Field:  [Since Last Skipped]  is   Math(Now()-(ConvertDate([Last Skipped])))
New Field:  [Since Last Played]  is  Math(Now()-(ConvertDate([Last Played])))

Final New Field: [Unfinished]  is  Math([Since Last Played]+[Since Last Skipped])

New View:  [Bookmarked Percent] is NOT 0,1,2,96,97,98,100   -  Sort by [Unfinished]

See, pretty bad. I probably have created some kind or circular vortex error :)

But the new Field [Unfinished] Shows what was not finished and what we didn't finish last.

What do you all think? Ideas?

Don

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 11:05:45 am »

Should be possible.

If MrC doesn't swoop in, I'll take a crack in a little while.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 05:29:46 am »

Seems like you need about the same functionality as I did. Take a look at this and try it out if you wish. This is how I solved my problem, without the Skipped files part.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74635.msg506134#msg506134
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up