INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MkvToMp4 - Tutorial? - Calling rjm!  (Read 2853 times)

pcstockton

• Citizen of the Universe
MkvToMp4 - Tutorial? - Calling rjm!
« on: March 31, 2014, 08:51:14 pm »

MC World,

In another post member "rjm" posted:

"1) I try to chose mp4 for all new downloaded content.
2) I've created "mp4 only" filters for the views displayed by JRemote and I periodically ask the developer to add a global mp4 filter so I can clean up my views.
3) I periodically ask JRiver to add a feature for converting video to mp4 on the fly while streaming.
4) I rip important dvds to mp4 with VidCoder (the best mp4 encoder in my opinion).
5) I transcode important mkv to mp4 with MkvToMp4 (very nice lossless video conversion).
6) I use Air Video HD for everything else."

I would love to convert all of my MKVs to MP4 as well.  I download the software but I am lost in the settings.  Can anyone point a correct set of settings that will give me lossless conversion?

Is there a similar tool for my AVI files?

I would love to be able to stream all of my video to JRemote.

Thanks in advance!
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

pcstockton

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MkvToMp4 - Tutorial? - Calling rjm!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 11:14:22 pm »

sorry to bump so soon but.... i am eager.

Thanks,
-p
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva
Pages: [1]   Go Up