INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Use A/V Sync Correction (lip sync) on single .mp4?  (Read 1687 times)

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
Use A/V Sync Correction (lip sync) on single .mp4?
« on: April 03, 2014, 03:59:38 pm »

I have one MP4 music video in which the video is ahead of the audio. I know that one can set the A/V Sync Correction to adjust the system for everything played, but I only need it for this one song. I also know that the Playback Info tag captures certain preferences for playing back the video, like which audio track to use. Is there some way for the Playback Info tag to capture a per-track A/V Sync Correction?

Thanks,
Jeff

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Use A/V Sync Correction (lip sync) on single .mp4?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 06:13:56 pm »

You could probably do it with a Zone Switch, but you'd have to be quite clever, and it is probably more trouble than it is worth.

I'd just fix the video.  If you don't care about remuxing it to MKV, the easiest way would be this:

Use MC's Sync correction to figure out how many ms off the recording is.
Remux it using MKVMerge and add a sync correction (which is one of the easy options in the GUI).

If you want to keep it as a MP4, then MPEG Streamclip can do this for you.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
Re: Use A/V Sync Correction (lip sync) on single .mp4?
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 01:10:47 pm »

Thanks glynor. Sometimes you have to brute force it, I guess, so I bit the bullet and followed the spirit of your advice.

I already have VLC installed and I can adjust the audio offset in real time via keyboard shortcuts [J, K]. So once did that and found the desired offset (to within 50 ms) I just used Avidemux to open the file and then save it with that offset, which is dead simple.

Cheers,
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up