INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: equalizer  (Read 5422 times)

mikep

equalizer
« on: February 10, 2014, 08:07:42 pm »

Is it possible to apply equalizer settings to the entire genre in the library and will these settings apply whenever I play something of that genre?  Is there a detailed explanation of the equalizer functions available?

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: equalizer
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 02:35:27 am »

You can use autoeq to store eq settings for just about anything you want.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/autoeq/
Sean

mikep

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 11:19:08 am »

So, there is no way for MC to remember the eq for each album without the plugin? 

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 08:00:16 pm »

You can setup different zones and use ZoneSwitch to automatically switch between zones based on genre. Each zone can have its own EQ setting. This only works if you are just playing one genre at a time. You can't have a Playing Now that spans zones.

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 09:59:23 am »

You can use autoeq to store eq settings for just about anything you want.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/autoeq/
I downloaded this but when click Autoeq in jriver plugin, I got the 'a fatal error has occured, object reference not set to an instance of an object ' error and the Autoeq is all grayed out.  Any idea why?  Thanks.

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 01:27:19 pm »

Can I use equalizer APO with jriver? http://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/
Thanks.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 02:29:55 pm »

Can I use equalizer APO with jriver? http://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/
Thanks.
No.

JRiver has its own 64-bit equalizer that is more flexible already built in.

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 03:44:12 pm »

Good to to know that jriver eq is more flexible.  I wont mess with eq APO then.  The main reason I asked is eq APO integrated with REW that I have been using to measure my FR.  How do I measure my frequency respond using REW if I added a parametric eq in jriver? I would like to see my graph results after playing with jriver eq settings; otherwise, I am shooting blindly.  Thanks.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 04:46:21 pm »

Good to to know that jriver eq is more flexible.  I wont mess with eq APO then.  The main reason I asked is eq APO integrated with REW that I have been using to measure my FR.  How do I measure my frequency respond using REW if I added a parametric eq in jriver? I would like to see my graph results after playing with jriver eq settings; otherwise, I am shooting blindly.  Thanks.
you can use wasapi loopback or asio line in to measure the output of jriver in REW. Whether either will work depends on what your setup is exactly.

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 06:20:03 pm »

I have jriver and REW installed on my HTPC and planning to use my HTPC to measure jriver parametric eq via REW. I have the UMIK-1 USB mic. Any guidance on how?  Thanks.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 06:31:52 pm »

I have jriver and REW installed on my HTPC and planning to use my HTPC to measure jriver parametric eq via REW. I have the UMIK-1 USB mic. Any guidance on how?  Thanks.

There's a bunch of useful info in this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=86792.0

To boil it down, try playing around with JRiver's wasapi loopback feature (it's under "open live").  Once you get that working correctly, the rest is relatively straightforward.  

pac10coastie

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 06:43:30 pm »

I actually just brought a thread back from the dead about EQ APO. If It did work with EQ APO, then it might be possible to equalize WDM audio such as games and web streams through JRiver, which would be sweet. To me, that is the only thing keeping me from ditching the AVR. Loop back has way to much lag in my experience and has proven to buggy and complicated for other members of the family. Use J Rivers superior engine with ASIO whenever possible, but when its not and something is playing WDM audio then EQ APO would be an awesome consolation. would be nice if they worked together so JRiver would be my only interface and the APO just ran in the background for instances of WDM audio.
Pages: [1]   Go Up