INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Web Radio Setup  (Read 773 times)

DaveInAZ

Web Radio Setup
« on: April 12, 2014, 09:13:08 pm »

Hi,

I'm finding setting up new web radio sources very confusing, unlike most of MC's features. The wiki says one option is to "Play the file and then import it into your library (right-click on it and select Import). You can then add it a Playlist for quick access." That doesn't work, because there is no option to Import the stream in the right-click context menu.

The other option it gives is to "Select Add a Station in the My Stations box." Can't do that, either, because I don't even have a "My Stations box", as far as I can tell. I suspect these instructions were written for some previous version(s) of MC and no longer apply.

I was able to get MC to play the stream I wanted, but I'm no longer sure how I got it to work, because I've spent hours looking at every option, wiki page, and forum post I could find that seemed relevant, and now it's all a blur. It shows up as a file(?) under Audio > Connected Media > My Connected Media, but I can't get it to show up on its own, like Last.FM, for instance. And I think I set it up as a Service, but it doesn't show up at all in that menu tree, although it's still in the set up window (last time I saw it... can't remember how to get back there).

So, what do I need to do to get a web radio station to show up properly? Apparently, it can be done. I saw a screenshot of it, somewhere.

Thanks,
Dave

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Web Radio Setup
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 10:16:03 pm »

Welcome aboard :-)

When you load a stream, you'll see an entry in the "Playing Now" field (perhaps multiple if the stream has multiple alternate servers).
You can create a playlist, then drag that entry (or entries) onto your playlist.

It's how I save web radio streams (sky.FM etc) and it works really well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up